Hello guys, I'm going to buy a new guitar, and the Ibanez S470 appears to be a good choice.
I play things like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Joe Satriani and Guns 'N Roses.
My amp is Line6 Spider II 30watt.

But it only got 22 frets, do you think that i might need 24 frets?

Thanks for all help.
New amp first

/thread

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I own this very guitar, it's very good. Sure I'd love to have the extra 2 frets, but it doesn't hold me back all that much, and I wanted to have a go with the ZR Bridge, which is great.
Quote by jc349
New amp first

/thread

This.

Also, get something with 24 frets after the amp. I hate not being able to fully play songs .
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
The s470's need a lifesaving setup after they come from the factory but they are good guitars afterwards for the price. I have a 470 and I think I might sell all my ibanez's now cause I am attached to the C-1's neck. It throws me off alittle bit because the scale of the s470 compared to C-1's and 22 vs 24.

The ZR with ZPS saves alot of time tuning. It is not free floating like a OFR but you can remove the ZPS to make it free floating. The guitar is alittle heavier than other Sabres because of the body wood and still a ton lighter than my ATX which feels like a dumbell hanging from my shoulders.
Ibanez.
Last edited by cruc1a7 at Jul 24, 2009,
Out of those 4 bands, Metallica would probably be the only band you'd need 24 frets for, and even then usually artists don't use the 24th fret that much so it shouldn't be an issue.

EDIT:
Quote by cruc1a7

The ZR with ZPS saves alot of time tuning. It is not free floating like a OFR but you can remove the ZPS to make it free floating. The guitar is alittle heavier than other Sabres because of the body wood and still a ton lighter than my ATX which feels like a dumbell hanging from my shoulders.

The ZR is a floating trem, but removing the ZPS makes it less stable, more responsive, and makes it easier to flutter.
Last edited by Pac_man0123 at Jul 24, 2009,
OK, you got any suggestions to a new amp?

Again, thanks for helping me.
Whats your current guitar?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
It's a LTD M-50
Its the first electric guitar i got, its about 3 years old..
I have an S470 and they're excellent guitars tbh. Extremely versatile, muissing the last 2 frets don't matter tbh. If it comes to it you can just bend the note from 22.
Quote by Wuvahef
It's a LTD M-50
Its the first electric guitar i got, its about 3 years old..

IMO, I'd get a new guitar first, and then buy a Blackstar HT-5, but I think other people think otherwise.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
I would get that guitar, they´re very reliable. I would get it over an amp also considering your situation.
How many songs do you actually need 24 frets to play? Just change it a little if you need the octave. Or bend.

I love my S670. Really neat guitar. Fantastic. It sustains surprisingly well too.
Hi...for my opinion...I would get a guitar with 24 frets because, in case you might what to play notes on those extra frets and you don't feel like "man i should of gotten the 24 frets"... (but that's my opinion)
Ok, so i will buy the guitar.
But what about the amp? The site I'll order from don't got that amp(Blackstar HT-5), so do you got any other good amps?
But then i guess i need some effect pedals too? I've only played with the effects in my amp.
Maybe I really don't use effects much myself maybe a wah to play some kirk hammett solo's but the rest i'm not sure.
So I wont need any pedals or extra stuff at all? Because i got nothing ATM.
Quote by Wuvahef
So I wont need any pedals or extra stuff at all? Because i got nothing ATM.

Not really all that stuff is just to make you have a unique sound it doesn't do anything to make you play any better.
So if I buy the amp you suggested, i will be able to play with the sound needed to play what i play (in 1. post) ?
with a good OD you should, very easily. The S470 is a good choice. for an amp, i would say this... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

or this... http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046

your best options for your budget IMO. good luck!
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Thanks.
Anyway, I can't find a place to buy it (you see, I live in Norway), so I'll be lokking after another.

But thanks for all help
just save up a little more and find a used prestige with 24 frets?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
I have a s470 myself, best playing guitar I own at the moment. Just feels real comfortable.
A bunch of RG's
]Ibanez RG2550Z
1990 Ibanez rg550
ZW Buzzsaw
Ibanez: s470
Jackson: RR Flying V
Charvel: 90's model sunburst
Jackson Stealth
Mesa Boogie Solo 50
Sunn cab