How do I remove vocal tracks from a song? Is there any way to do this?
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
yes and no.

that's like asking "can i remove the eggs from a cake once it's baked?"

you can try and that might lower the volume of the vocals, but really it all depends on how the original recording is mastered/mixed.
Go Veg.
Open the track in Audacity, change it to a stereo track, and click the invert option. It's been a while since I've done it, so I could be wrong, but there are plenty of Youtube videos on it.

I simply refuse to let this pic die.
I want to work in revelations, not just spin silly tales for money.I want to fish as deep down as possible into my own subconscious in the belief that once that far down, everyone will understand because they are the same that far down.
Split tracks.

Make each track mono.

Invert one track.

Vocals will be gone, drums will sound funky.
get the master tracks from the studio somehow OR get the sacd if they have it.....other than that, you can't completely remove it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
"Swede" the song, but without vocals.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
"Swede" the song, but without vocals.

Be Kind Rewind, FTW
PSN: snakeXdoctor

Quote by OneOfTheseDays
My friends cat smokes, wears a leather jacket and swears at me when i look at it.He is really fat so it makes it even more funny.
You can't. I don't see how people don't get this :/

It's like if you take a picture of a cup, then say "actually I don't want the cup, take that out of the picture", and just using photoshop to "fill in the background".

It's doable, but it'll come out shit.
That's like telling a Canadian to remove the violence from hockey. It can be done, but then the whole experience looks and sounds like crap.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
1. Buy the backing track

2. See if there's a Karaoke version already made (Silly, but whatever)

3. Be cool enough to obtain the master track
Quote by The Shroom420

3. Be cool enough to obtain the master track

I got the master tracks for BSSM by RHCP because somebody had posted the mogg files from Rockband/Guitar Hero (not sure which one). Then, by using Audacity, I could mute whatever I wanted because everything was separated into different tracks. You could look for Rockband files for the songs you want to remove vocals from if the songs are in the game.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by filthandfury
You can't. I don't see how people don't get this :/

It's like if you take a picture of a cup, then say "actually I don't want the cup, take that out of the picture", and just using photoshop to "fill in the background".

It's doable, but it'll come out shit.

I've seen people in my class...remove a person from a photograph and fill in the background with MS paint. I don't know how they did it, but after that day, I never looked down on MS paint again.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant