I'm just starting to get into Rockabilly. Can anyone recommend me some songs for people that are just starting out with Rockabilly?
I don't have any specific songs, but try looking at some songs from Bill Haley, Brian Setzer (Stray Cats), Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, and Chet Atkins. If you're looking for something a bit more modern try Imelda May.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Alter-Bridge
I don't have any specific songs, but try looking at some songs from Bill Haley, Brian Setzer (Stray Cats), Carl Perkins, Chuck Berry, and Chet Atkins. If you're looking for something a bit more modern try Imelda May.

+1 on the Brian Setzer recommendation. He's awesome

Do you have this months copy of Guitar Techniques infront of you too?
I would of mentioned Setzer, Haley and Berry regardless.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
I don't really know what you mean. Rockabilly isn't just one playing style. Besides, most of it is stupidly easy. Unless you're talking about the '80s-present rockabilly revival stuff, which is mostly derived from Brian Setzer. If that's the case, you might be interested in Chet Atkins and Merle Travis. They're not rockabilly players, but they have more in common with Brian Setzer than "real rockabilly" does.
Quote by Alter-Bridge

Chuck Berry is rockabilly? I've been lied to for the past 2 years!!!

Anyway, I really like Chet Atkins, I don't really listen to that much rockabilly though.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Chuck Berry is rockabilly?

No, but you have to go back to the roots, and that's a good place to start since that's what players listened to early on.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
I don't think it's unreasonable to call Chuck Berry rockabilly. He combined rhythm and blues with country music (called hillbilly music at the time). The only difference I see is that he was black and most people that are normally called rockabilly musicians are white.
Definitely check out early Elvis Presley when he was on the Sun label. Rockabilly at its finest, imo.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton