I just recently bought a new laptop with Windows Vista and tried to plug in my line 6 toneport ux1 interface. I downloaded line 6 monkey, installed all the drivers, but have a really annoying crackling sound coming out of the headphone jack of my toneport whenever a sound plays on my computer. Anyone know what might be wrong?
If you mean when a windows sound plays, try turning windows sounds off. Sometimes they interfere with things.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Oh god, I know exactly what you're talking about. It happens to me every time I plug the thing in, the only thing that seems to work is to reinstall the driver. But I have to do it every time I unplug/plug it back in, really rather annoying.

Reinstalling the driver's all I know that will work, if someone knows a better way, I'd like to know too.
Last edited by AA00P at Jul 24, 2009,
I meant whatever sound (wether it be a windows one or one from my guitar) plays, everything starts to crackle.

I thought it might be because the speakers were too close to my laptop power supply but when I plug them directly into my laptop I have no problem. Any other ideas?