I just got paid for a construction job, about $300. I won't be getting any more money for a long time, and I want a new guitar. Just wondering what you guys think of my decision, I'll also take recommendations if you guys think it sucks.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Squier-by-Fender-Tele-Custom-II-Electric-Guitar-with-P-90-Pickups-519584-i1150648.gc

EDIT: I play Blues, Rock, and a bit of Metal.
Last edited by phlip999 at Jul 25, 2009,
seems legit. Squier teles are supposed to be good, but my brothers (different model though) has tremendously high action even after a setup. make sure to play before you buy
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
i would get an ESP LTD over a fender...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Bagh, I feel like a spokesperson.

www.rondomusic.com

Then there's the Schecter Omen 6...
FIGHT MY BRUTE!
Quote by Tackleberry
Only time Ive seen a true single coil in a chrome humbucker housing was chinese knock off where they claimed it was a humbucker but half the housing was empty.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Don't get a squier unless your like 12 years old... Their just lame knockoffs and while they might sound okay there are better guitars to buy for that much. An acoustic for example.
Personally I would wait and get a MIM tele. They also can be good or bad and you should play before you play, but you go up a whole nother level with the MIM over the squier.
Quote by benx3000
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Don't get a squier unless your like 12 years old... Their just lame knockoffs and while they might sound okay there are better guitars to buy for that much. An acoustic for example.

don't hate just because it is a budget make. I have played squiers that play very well, someone needs to put you to the blindfold test with a squier, MIM, and MIA strat or tele and see if you can tell the difference.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/
Check craigslist man. I got a Fender Lite Ash Strat with Duncans off craigslist for 300 when they retailed for 700.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Go look at Agile guitars over at rondomusic 'cos that squier is made of Agathis while not an all too bad wood it's not my taste. Also what music do you play?
Go for the Ibane- wait

The squier looks good, the ones you absolutely have to stay away from are the affinity series, the bullet series, and the starter packs.
The customs, vintage, and deluxe squiers are good, though.
Quote by jeffc313
don't hate just because it is a budget make. I have played squiers that play very well, someone needs to put you to the blindfold test with a squier, MIM, and MIA strat or tele and see if you can tell the difference.

I'd actually love to see that carried out with all those who are completely against Squiers and MIM's, I think the results could actually be quite surprising.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Go for the Ibane- wait

The squier looks good, the ones you absolutely have to stay away from are the affinity series, the bullet series, and the starter packs.
The customs, vintage, and deluxe squiers are good, though.

Agathis body though besides that I would of totally been down for it but just that agathis body ruins it for me.