hey all looking for advice on obtaining a new cheap strat (maybe a squiere or the like) for under 250. dont know where to go...
any suggestions?
thanks
You can get a used Fender Mexican for that. Also, the Squier Classic Vibe series look pretty good.
Go to Rondo Music. You can get like two and a half crappy strats for that much. They're actually not that bad.
Get a used MIM strat off craigslist or ebay. They aren't crap though.
New Setup:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Black SG w/ 3 Hum.)
Peavey Classic 50
EHX Metal Muff
Cry Baby 535Q

"I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to"
Jimi Hendrix
A Mexican Strat is a good idea for the price but I don't know if you'll cop that at 250 (maybe $300 flat), they come in colors you generally don't find in the American produced Strats, for example that turquoise/baby blue or that groovy purple. Of course you can find all kinds of deals between ebay and craigslist. I'd steer clear of anything with squire on the headstock.

EDIT: wildwildwes594 you were on the same thought pattern as me, that's crazy!
Last edited by Igotyerbooty at Jul 24, 2009,
Right now MiM Strats are all over my local Craigslist seen a couple nice guitars with cases go for $300.00 look used. Upgrade the pickup's, replace the nut, locking tuners = A super nice guitar thats always in demand and holds it's value well.