Page 1 of 4
Bignose
I'm just doin my job here
127 IQ
Pretty interesting deathgrind band I've decided to listen to after seeing the name plastered on Cursed's Chris Colohan's shirt heh.

www.myspace.com/therealpigdestroyer

Just got my hands on Explosions in Ward 6 and Terrifyer. Anybody heard of these guys? The riffs are pretty good for songs that don't last more than a minute (fair majority anyway).
SeveredSurvival
Worship the riff
1,772 IQ
Dude, Im pretty sure these guys are in the metal forum.
I drink your milkshake.
Hcmanu
Electro Kid.
1,656 IQ
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Dude, Im pretty sure these guys are in the metal forum.

Grindcore = in hardcore section
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
devourthekitten
UG Monkey
2,088 IQ
Pig Destroyer's good. Very angry, like Agoraphobic Nosebleed (check them out, if you don't know them; same guitarist/music writer guy)...Fun for occasional listen.
kurtrip
487 IQ
I like it, its also funny&cool they got a split with Orchid
Bignose
127 IQ
Quote by devourthekitten
Pig Destroyer's good. Very angry, like Agoraphobic Nosebleed (check them out, if you don't know them; same guitarist/music writer guy)...Fun for occasional listen.

I heard a bit of Agoraphobic Nosebleed (Poacher Diaries - cept my sound files keep ****ting out) and thought it sounded similar. Good stuff - definately gonna look into them.
+}-136-{+
Registered Text Offender
211 IQ
Quote by Hcmanu
Grindcore = in hardcore section

That really depends on the band themselves. Inhume? Insect Warfare? Probably belong in metal. Magrudergrind? Probably belong here.

Pig Destroyer would belong in metal but fuck that, they're awesome enough to warrant having two threads.

I never really dug Agoraphobic Nosebleed,Scott Hull's (Pig Destroyer guitarist) other project. He has a solo project (He does ambient stuff, I think) but I never checked it out. Pig Destroyer is good enough for me.

I recommend checking out Phantom Limb. It's probably the least-favorite Pig Destroyer album of most fans, but definitely one of my favorites. The "experimentation" with longer song structures is rather successful if you ask me. "The Machete Twins", "Loathsome", "Heathen Temple", and "Alexandria" are all great 3 minute-plus songs. "Thought Crime Spree" would be my favorite (or at least one of the top 3 favorites) off Phantom Limb.
+}-136-{+
Registered Text Offender
211 IQ
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Alright, Pig Destroyer own then.

That's the spirit.

So, what does everyone here think of the supremely fucked-up genius that is J.R. Hayes' lyrics? I find them awesome.
STABxYOU
Keeps Punk Rock Elite
982 IQ
Pig Destroyer are pretty amazing. They're an example of a band who's commercial success is totally deserved.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
InstantAXonHero
713 IQ
Yep, at first I thought it was some mock at me, that came second!
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
Bignose
127 IQ
Quote by devourthekitten
moc.topsgolb.74fr

.bNA dna DP fo tol a saH

Nice work man.

... but I have no idea how to use this... what do I do with it?
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Just picked up Terrifyer today, so I figured this thread could use a boost.

I found out today that buying At the Drive-In, Wilco, The Cure and Pig Destroyer CDs at the same time will get you some weird looks from the cashiers at HMV.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
No idea... wish I knew.

Also, why does this thread keep dying? It doesn't make any sense.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
+}-136-{+
Registered Text Offender
211 IQ
Not much love for grind here I 'spose. <shrugs>

Favorite Pig Destroyer albums anyone? Mine used to be Phantom Limb but Prowler In The Yard is making me reconsider that. Been a while since I listened to 'em but goddamn they are good.
Last edited by +}-136-{+ at Mar 22, 2010,
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Quote by +}-136-{+
Not much love for grind here I 'spose. <shrugs>

Favorite Pig Destroyer albums anyone? Mine used to be Phantom Limb but Prowler In The Yard is making me reconsider that. Been a while since I listened to 'em but goddamn they are good.

Phantom Limb is very "meh" for me compared to their other releases.

Prowler is extraordinary, as is Terrifyer imo. If I had to list them, I'd go

Terrifyer > Prowler in the Yard > Explosions in Ward 6 > Phantom Limb
Which isn't to say I still don't really enjoy Phantom, it's just not their best effort.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
technicolour
Banned
1,153 IQ
Prowler for me. Nothing beats those lyrics.

CHAMELION IS MY FAVOURITE ANIMAL!!!
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Hahaha, yeah. The Prowler lyrics are pretty awesome.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
lookpizza
Party Hard
1,566 IQ
**** you up and get high used to be my top played songs on my itunes because it somehow got put on repeat for like a day and is so short. There was literally like thousands of plays which just looked really silly cause i think the next closest song only had something like 50.
I'm an asshole.
PiNk_ThE_pUnK
Bookstore Core
1,107 IQ
As much as I enjoy Pig Destroyer I much prefer Nasum.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Bignose
127 IQ
Prowler is pretty sick, but to be fair that's only because the final few songs are ****ing epic. I listen to hyperviolet on special occasions.

Terrifier might actually be my favourite I spose. dunno why. I do rate Towering Flesh as one of the best songs I know of. I liked phantom limb but it took me a bit to get into it, got some really awesome jams on it.
RPExecutor
lead
372 IQ
i always ranked Prowler as their highest due to the unholy amounts of ass-kicking that Trojan Whore, Hyperviolet, Starbelly and Piss Angel do, but i recently thoroughly listened to Terrifyer...

... and it fucking surpasses Prowler. holy god damn. every song, even the short throwaway ones, is just chock full of RIFF AFTER RIFF AFTER RIFF
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
nashawa
Rightful HxC Emperor
1,511 IQ
Gravedancer and Towering Flesh, plus the Natasha audio DVD are all beyond tremendous.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Deplorable
LIVING HARDCORE RADIKULT
601 IQ
Towering Flesh is just amazing, so godamn good.

Terrifyer is their best imo, just all out intesity and awesomeness throughout, though I do love Prowler and Phantom Limb too.

Edit: also, there is a rather large thread in the metal forum, but **** it, it's dead as and these guys are too awesome to go undiscussed.
Last edited by Deplorable at Mar 23, 2010,
STABxYOU
Keeps Punk Rock Elite
982 IQ
Each of their albums are amazing in their own unique way.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2