i was looking at ebay and i came across this certain guitar
http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-Ibanez-MIJ-20th-Anniversary-RG550-RG-550-Guitar_W0QQitemZ290330669813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item43990e72f5&_trksid=p4295.c0.m299&_trkparms=%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
It looked preety cool at first but on closer expection realized that everything green was aparently colored green with nailpoilsh or something.
But i was wondering besides the nail polish it still is a rg550 20th anniversary and for 550 dollars its pretty cheap. Do you think i can buy it and maybe take the nail polish off with like i dunno whatever nail polish remover. Or maybe could i scrape it off?

I really dunno waht you guys think?
he painted on the green ibanez logo, and around the pickguard... he shoulda left it alone

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I don't even know how to respond to this...

Don't use nail polish remover though. You'll wreck the finish.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
Nail polish remover is fine for all the parts like the knobs, switch and pickups since you can remove them and work on them away from the finish. Okay for the inlays too.
For the headstock nail polish remover will strip the finish lightly if it comes into too much contact with it as far as i know. Try using a razor blade at a low angle to scrape it off since it'll stick out from the flat of the real guitar finish as suggested in another thread. If you really need to, use a cotton bud/ Q-tip with Nail polish remover on it to rub of any small bits, with a wet cloth handy to wipe down what you just did.
Hope this helps. No idea about the price.

EDIT: Just saw all the chips and scratches in the finish. That better be a really, really good deal.
Last edited by ApeWeevil at Jul 24, 2009,
Rubbing alcohol should work, and leave the finish alone, but just imagine how awesome you'll be with an "Evil B" guitar.
haha sounds like a lost cause. i would really like to meet the person who did this to it
Quote by led_zeppelin_96
k that jus looks ****ed up lol
What are you talking about? I think it looks kickass.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
This makes my 20th Anni. RG550 sad :[

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Pac_man0123
It looks cheap and the "EVIL B" thing is just stupid.

yeh... what is the evil b thing anyways. stand for something?
I wouldn't buy anything from a person who would do this to their guitar
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
I wouldn't buy anything from a person who would do this to their guitar

Unless they sold it incredibly cheap in which case a bit of sanding down won't repair.
Haha, Atomic Music. That place is right down the street from me :]

They usually have nothing but sweet ass deals.

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

It doesn't look bad, from a distance. Pickups almost remind me of a JEM XD
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Quote by Juadafi
It doesn't look bad, from a distance. Pickups almost remind me of a JEM XD

I thought the same exact thing when I opened the link. Thats a great deal, the nail polish would be pretty easy to get off.
I would never pay that for it though. Thats the kinda guitar you pickup for small change at a pawn shop and give a makeover. Not pay 550 dollars for. It used to be nice and could be again if somebody spent a little time with it.
I have to give that guy serious nail polishing skills though...
Quote by travs2448

How many of you are vegan?
Hopefully none

Does anyone know any fun recipes?
Yeah a big juicy flank steak

What can be done with tofu?
Nothing it taste like crap

Is there such thing as vegan meat? Vegan sausages ect
WTF ARE YOU ON?
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Oh yeah.
Evil B = Evil Bob.