hello
December of last year i purchased a Crate Flexwave 65U, simply for the volume and because it was on special (something like $150 off the original price). So what happened was it kept making a popping noise then after a while the noise stopped and the built in tuner stopped working and the built in effects topped working. I'm going to now return the amp and try get my money back.
So if i do get my money back which amp should I buy? I want a Pete Townsend style tone but with a budget of $600 Australian.
I have a few amps in mind;
-Hiwatt Maxwatt
-Vox AD30VT (would be as loud as my crate?)
-Randall RX series 75 watt
-Ibanez Toneblaster 65watt
So which amp should i buy?
Please give me some recommendations
thanks
Last edited by 2848_RAD at Jul 24, 2009,
Quote by 2848_RAD
hello
December of last year i purchased a Crate Flexwave 65U, simply for the volume and because it was on special (something like $150 off the original price). So what happened was it kept making a popping noise then after a while the noise stopped and the built in tuner stopped working and the built in effects topped working. I'm going to now return the amp and try get my money back.
So if i do get my money back which amp should I buy? I want a Pete Townsend style tone but with a budget of $600 Australian.
I have a few amps in mind;
-Hiwatt Maxwatt
-Vox AD30VT (would be as loud as my crate?)
-Randall RX series 75 watt
So which amp should i buy?
Please give my recondemations

maybe thats the reason it was on sale
vox ad30 is good
its only 30 watts tho and im guessing the crate is 65
Quote by DIFTWOOD
maybe thats the reason it was on sale
vox ad30 is good
its only 30 watts tho and im guessing the crate is 65

yerr
if its not as loud as the crate 65 watt i could settle for $100 over my budget and get the 50 watt vox if the sound is better than great.
Don't get the Toneblaster.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Don't get the Toneblaster.

oh i thought they would be ok since i play a Ibanez (though not a top of the range one just a GAX30)
Quote by acdcrocks0323
Was the original price $150?

I kid, I kid. Anyways your best bet is the Vox for sure.

Ok yerr i go for the Vox
should i get the 30watt or 50watt?
Is the 30 watt about the same loudness as the crate 65watt?
Quote by 2848_RAD
Ok yerr i go for the Vox
should i get the 30watt or 50watt?
Is the 30 watt about the same loudness as the crate 65watt?

Well they should sound the same, and no the 65 watt should be louder than the 30 watt. Normally when people ask a question like that they are referring to valve vs. solid state amps where they would ask if a 30 watt valve amp is louder than a 65 watt SS amp and the answer would be yes as valve amps are perceived to be much louder. With two SS amps that is not the case asi'm pretty sure that all/most SS amps are rated to the same standard.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...