I'm trying to learn the solos in metallica's Jump in the Fire (its my first time trying to learn fast tempo solos ) and I play it slow, but I just don't seem to be getting any faster, and when i play it slow it barely even sounds like the solo.

so should i just keep on playing it slow and wait until i can do it faster, or is there something else that i can do? thanks in advance
I like metal

Gear (still working on it ) :

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
try playing with a metronome, and increasing the speed as you improve.
"I will endure, hide away...

I would outrun the scythe, glaring with failure"

Opeth - April Ethereal
It's good that you're playing slow, you're definitely on the right track! If you're practicing really hard on this one solo but you find you're not going anywhere with it you might try taking a break from the solo and moving onto different solo/song (easier if possible). Often times if you give your brain a chance to catch up and let all of this "muscle memory" develop when you go back to the solo you'll be able to play it better than you did before.
What I'd do is break the solo up into smaller sections and practice the sections individually, playing them over and over again until you play each section up to speed. Then just put the sections together and work on the transitions between each one.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
i know this sounds stupid but i just want to make sure that if i keep on practicing it slow then soon enough i'll be able to play it fast?
I like metal

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
Basically you just need to try it slow over and over again. Your hand will get used to the certain movements and patterns, so you'll be able to play them faster. Break it up into small pieces and play those slow until you can shred the whole thing.
RIP RICHARD DUNN
play it slow, then move the speed up gradually
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
alright thanks for the help guys will this process get easier as i progress in learning new solos, or will i have to still play everything slow the first time?
I like metal

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
alright but what im asking is that as i become a better and faster player, will that process go by faster?
I like metal

Epiphone SG G-310
Marshall MG10cd
Boss MT-2 Metal zone

Quote by DiSTuRBeD -26-
^listen to him

Metalli-freak
oh ok thats great! now i really feel determined
I like metal

Epiphone SG G-310