i just finished building a matchless dc30 clone amp, and i am putting my finishing touches on it this week. it ended up running me over budget, so a new guitar would have to wait, or i could sell my single rectifier, but i'm going to wait to decide untill i get this thing hotrodded. anyways, my only usable guitar at the moment is a schecter hellraiser, which is too hot to obtain a usable clean from the amp, and i need a solution to this. i have an old godin detour (my first guitar) which i rarely have set up or play because it's gotten to be a pretty terrible guitar over time.

i'm still planning on getting a telecaster as soon as possible, and would like to have a nice humbucker guitar aswell for when i need it, so redoing the godin isnt totally unecessary.

please share with me your thoughts/oppinions/ideas for what i could do to bump the playability and sound quality, and in the end throw a nice new finish on her.
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
Last edited by iheartmy7 at Jul 25, 2009,
i want to make it playable because it has sentimental value to me.
it was my first guitar, and a gift from my step dad right after my parents got married.
so selling it is not an option, but i'd like to enjoy playing it again.
i'll probably just plane it down and hand carve a new top on it, and throw in some new pickups.
whatever i'll figure something out. i may grab a new piece of tonewood for the center and rout that for new pickups and bridge then refinish it? i posted this for ideas/oppinions of what to do, not a "yes thats a good idea"/"no its a waste" generator.
oops, i titled it wrong :P. sorry about getting frustrated.