So ive been thinking about what i eat. I was wondering what everyone elses diets were like and what meals you think are a good taste/health balance. ive found it hard to stay with one healthy diet and really want to change it for good so i need to think about it carefully so its tasty enough that i stick to it.

There is so many things to think about and so many horror stories all the time in the news. I think there is however something in japanese cuisine/raw fish...fully cooking the fish must be killing the nutriants and mediteranian diets seem beneficial because they are lower in dairy and get a lot of their fats from olive oil which is lower in saturated fat. They might have a lot of fried stuff there but it is fried with healthier oil. Cancer and heart disease levels in these countries are a lot lower for whatever reason.

I am looking at cutting out dairy. I read some guy talking about dairy basically being secretions from animals which is harmful to humans. i dont like soya stuff so i would rather just take calcium supplements.

Im looking to minimise red and white meat and get protein from other sources, mainly sushi and or lightly cooked fish.

Carbs..i eat a lot of white bread and pasta. I guess the Italian diet is stereotypically fattening and this may be a reason. I dont know about any health problems from a high carb diet apart from weight gain. I feel i will run out of stuff to eat enjoyably so i guess i will just cut down on this.

Sugar..i eat way too much sugar. i tried to cut down by stopping drinking any soft drinks and using fizzy water with juices. I was wondering what your opinion on unrefined sugars were and if you think they cause health problems. I tend to need chocolate but ive tried non dairy chocolate and it seems fine.

Vegetables...well i like lots of them, but its generally in some sort of dressing or with a meat, so apart from a balsamic vinegar i am a bit stuck there.

Alcohol..i dont really drink but i think i should take red wine but im really not into it that much.

Water...i dont drink enough and i guess as well as hydration it cant be good for your body not have enough water essentially diluting the foods and helping them breakdown.
Last edited by GasGiant. at Jul 25, 2009,
Nutrition thread buddy

sorry
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Beer
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by ChordMonger
tl;dr
diet- cigarettes, coffee, sex
~b

surely its coffee sex then cigs

anyway i am trying to up the courage to go for a run. its ****ing embarrassing.
Quote by GasGiant.
surely its coffee sex then cigs

anyway i am trying to up the courage to go for a run. its ****ing embarrassing.

You must have quite the fear of running.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I like turtles.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i'm eating chex mix.
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by Jackal58
You must have quite the fear of running.

lol, its a cycle, so that i get to have a cigarette after the sex

but in all seriousness, i recently quit smoking and have actually been going to the gym for the first time in my life. honestly man, your harshest critic is usually yourself. once you deal with your own feelings of inadequacy, the running will feel like a breeze
~b
Last edited by ChordMonger at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by ChordMonger
lol, its a cycle, so that i get to have a cigarette after the sex

but in all seriousness, i recently quit smoking and have actually been going to the gym for the first time in my life. honestly man, your harshest critic is usually yourself. once you deal with your own feelings of inadequacy, the running will feel like a breeze
~b

Well i just went but considering i weigh 200pounds it was only 11/2 miles or something. I went a bit too fast and had to stop a lot.
Fried chikkin, biscuits, mashed tatos, coca cola.

I'm about 125lbs. Don't hate.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Well I'm vegan, and most things I eat just end up being healthy without trying to make them I guess. I drink mostly water or orange juice, maybe once every two weeks or more I'll have soft drink. Not really keen on it. I love Asian foods, they're so good.
Quote by TimeIsTheEnemy
Well I'm vegan, and most things I eat just end up being healthy without trying to make them I guess. I drink mostly water or orange juice, maybe once every two weeks or more I'll have soft drink. Not really keen on it. I love Asian foods, they're so good.

my main issue is eating veg without dressing. it sounds gay but just what i was brought up on. do you have any dressings like lime and coriander or honey mustard?
Horrible. I work at a fast food place, so naturally I have that every day I work, not to mention the stuff I nibble on while I'm actually on the clock.... I do tend to skip meals when I feel like I'm not hungry, which probably keeps the calorie intake down, but isn't great for my metabolism. I am making a conscious effort to cut down on soft drinks though, but I usually end up replacing them with sweet tea, which is hardly any better.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Yeah I eat everything.

My diet is not healthy.
R.I.P. PAUL GILBERT

You will be missed...
Quote by Wayward_Son
Horrible. I work at a fast food place, so naturally I have that every day I work, not to mention the stuff I nibble on while I'm actually on the clock.... I do tend to skip meals when I feel like I'm not hungry, which probably keeps the calorie intake down, but isn't great for my metabolism. I am making a conscious effort to cut down on soft drinks though, but I usually end up replacing them with sweet tea, which is hardly any better.

been there done it bought the xl t shirt.

used to make double whoppers with onion rings swiss cheese and bbq sauce tho. seriously it is unbelieveably tasty
I eat pretty much anything. I get full very fast though, but usually get hungry again like 15 mins. later. I'm extremely small though, so I think thats why I can eat the way I do. I also exercise like mad because I like to do it, but yeah. I eat whatever I want when I want no matter what it is.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Breakfast: I hate breakfast so I usually have yoghurt/banana + protein shake.

Lunch: Tuna or some sort of meat on bread.

Dinner: Either fish/chicken for dinner usually with rice.

After Dinner:Tea
If you decide on cutting certain foods out of your diet, I suggest cutting 1 maybe 2 foods at a time. It might seem hard in the beginning but keep at it, eventually you'll get used to your diet and then you can remove other foods.

Also rather than cutting on foods, try replacing foods. About the carbs, you're right about the white pasta and bread. Don't cut them though, replace them with whole wheat which is healthier AND you'll actually burn more calories digesting them. It takes a little getting used to, but once you are acquainted with it, white bread seem tasteless.

If you plan on cutting red/white meats, you can replace with fish, nuts, egg-whites have lots of protein too. Soy milk come in different flavors too, strawberry taste very good.

Check out the nutrition thread, lots of useful info there.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1150811&highlight=nutrition+thread

Breakfast: Protein shake, 3eggs, 2 whole wheat slices of bread, fruit.

Lunch: Chicken breast or fish, slices of cheese, tomatoes, salad, water/juice.

Supper: Wtv there's ready for supper, might be something like pasta, steak or soup, salad, slice of wholes wheat bread.

Snacks: Protein shake, tuna, salmon, tilapia, yogurt. Anything healthy that'll keep you full until then next meal basically.
Last edited by velly69 at Jul 25, 2009,
My diet conists of no less then 1000 caleries of soda a day, and about 2000 worth of food, followed by little to no exercise, and i'm skinny as hell:/
I can't gain weightT-T
I'm picky as hell, and hate most food.

On a daily basis, I drink around 4 liters (around 1.3 gallons) of water, and eat 3 small meals consisting of either: cherries, bananas, grapes, cereal, or cooked rice, hardly a meal, anyway.

For snacks I eat potato chips or cashews or peanuts, consisting of the majority of calories I get in a day, if not the exclusive source of it, occasionally.

I'm not strictly a vegetarian, but eating meat is pretty rare seeing that I don't even like it, I have no problem with it, except taste, seeing that I have almost no morals.

I do absolutely nothing all day, so I'm not as dangerously skinny as I should be.. or want to be.

That's about it. I'm also 100% against trying new food.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
I eat a lot of meat, but also alot of vegetables. I went through a period of lots of dairy, but not really so much anymore. More into the protein at the moment.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
all the stuff you're not supposed to eat. fast food, microwaved stuff, etc. every once in a while I'll have an actual meal when mom decides to cook and I happen to be both home and awake.
I just eat.. Trying to eat less though, need to lose a couple of pounds.. Or twenty.
I've heard it both ways