Hello guy,

So For the past couple of week I have been practicing alot of scale in hope to get my picking and fretting hand faster so I can start playing solos. I would say Im pretty fast and can play around 230-240 bmp doing scales. Now I want to also get my right hand faster so I can do crazy down strokes when Im playing metal. Is there any good way to get my right hand faster for those crazy down strokes other then just doing down strokes for a min straight?

Should I do them so fast that my arm starts to tire and I am forces to slow down? Will this train the muscales in my arms?

And help on getting faster would be very helpful.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
if you're a lefty (if you know what i mean) start using your right hand
if you already do it righty, do it it more often.

but in all seriousness, just keep playing fast all the time. "practice makes perfect"
There is no giant secret method, there is only practice.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
practice.

if by right hand you mean picking hand, try this:

take a metronome and find a comfortable beat, play a scale. play this until you can flawlessly, then change the tempo to triplets. play til flawless, then change to eighths, then up the tempo by about 10bpm and repeat.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Ok thanks guy it looks like I was doing what I needed to do already. Thanks alot.
Gibson Thunderhorse
Jackson RR24M
B52 AT100
You shouldn't be trying to get faster.

You should be tyring to become more controlled, more accurate and in better sync. Speed is not your problem , your issue is that you're unable to get both hands working together in the way you want.

Just focus on making your movements as economical as possible and keeping those hands in sync.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You shouldn't be trying to get faster.

You should be tyring to become more controlled, more accurate and in better sync. Speed is not your problem , your issue is that you're unable to get both hands working together in the way you want.

Just focus on making your movements as economical as possible and keeping those hands in sync.

What I was thinking, don't be the next Herman Li.
"Master of puppets, I'm pulling your strings!" -- that's the song that has developed me the most.