I'm a lefty, and I want to know about your opinion of converting a righty Thunderbird into a lefty. Please advise me whether this going to work out or not. And please, also tell me the bass parts I have to change, such as the nut.

And if you don't think that converting a Thunderbird into a lefty is such a good idea, then please tell me the reasons. Because I heard someone say that if you convert a Thunderbird into a lefty, the bass would balance better, because the strap button would equalize some of the weight of the neck.

(And if you don't think the conversion is a very good idea, then please also tell me about your opinions of a left-handed Squier vintage modified jazz bass, since that is my other choice.)

Thank You.
Should be in the thunderbird thread
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
the squier vintage series is much better than any epiphone bass i've ever played so i recommend just buying on of those to save yourself time.
it will balance well.

it won't sound too great, but will balance better than a Fender style bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Why not buy a decent lefty bass?
Gear
Squier Standard Special P-Bass (Modding it)
Squier Affinity series P-Bass
Ashdown After Eight

Whishlist
Seymour Duncan Quarter Pounders (P/J Set)
Kahler Bass Tremolo Bridge
Ashdown Mag 300 Head EVOIII
Ashdown Mag 410T Bass Cab
Its probably not worth the hassle. Even if you set it up perfectly it would probably sound dodgy anyway.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Most Thunderbirds are already reversed body so by converting into a lefty you'll have it the original way round. The only thing you need to change to convert it is the nut. Obiously you'll have to swap the strings and do some major intonation alterations on the bridge.

While you're at it, get some new electronics, Thunderbirds sound so bad they make god weep. /flame

edit: If you havent already bought the TBird get a Squier or an Ibanez (preferably not Affinity series), they're cheap instruments reliable enough to gig with.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Jul 25, 2009,