hello guitar players. i'm a metal guitar player looking for a good all around half stack. one that can play high gain well and then switch to clean. i'm not a ****** ass metallica guitarist. i listen to death and black metal and looking for a good half stack or like what two different head and cabs i could mix up for a good sound. help please.
if you just want death metal and cleans then go for a engl fireball, it would be perfect for you
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Since i dunno your price range imma just name some amp heads...

Peavey 6505 head

Mesa boogie roadking Head with a 4x12 mesa cab..umm anything in the mesa boogie section... o randall is pretty good too

EDIT.. as said above yes i forgot about engl... they are a great amp. maybe the invader/thunder/powerball heads you might like
hmmm, i like tones like necrophagist and conducting from the grave. my price range would have to be about six to eight hundred.
if you mean dollars i would go with a peavey 5150 and an avatar 2x12, if you're lucky you wont break 800.
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
and i'm looking for something i can get a nice tone outta on the amp. i don't wanna buy a stack then go buy i distortion pedal cause i don't like the tone on it.
six to eight hundred dollars. possibly a thousand. i'm trying to keep it lower than that though.
Quote by notaclevername
and i'm looking for something i can get a nice tone outta on the amp. i don't wanna buy a stack then go buy i distortion pedal cause i don't like the tone on it.

What kind of tone? Do you like dry or more saturated gain? Mids scooped or boosted? Give me something to go off of
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by notaclevername
saturated and maybe a little bit bootsted mids

5150 it is, that thing is the epitome of saturation
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by notaclevername
i'm not a ****** ass metallica guitarist.

Your not gonna get much help if your gonna be an ignorant jackass...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

Says the guy who thought i bout a mesa at walmart

just joshin ya
Gear:

Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Quote by BigRob91
Says the guy who thought i bout a mesa at walmart

just joshin ya

Lol I didn't understand the OP
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.

well i just don't want a lot of gay metallica players telling me what kirk hammet plays. i don't give a ****.
If you want HEAVY man, and I mean HEAVY, you could look at the Marshall KK head, or look into a Splawn. Mesa T Rec's seem to do well,

But I gotta say, based on what you said, I think the 5150 is your best bet. based on what I have read here, and heard for myself.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204