I'm strongly considering buying a Line 6 POD X3 Live Multi-FX pedal for my guitar because my current FX chain is sucking out all of my tone. I'll still be keeping a wah/delay/boost in the line tho. Several of the review I read said that the pedal doesn't sound great unless plugged into a PA or keyboard amp though. I don't mind buying a new amp too, but do you guys have experience with the pedal? If so, do u recommend sticking with my amp (a Peavey Combo), buying a new guitar amp (brand?), or will I just have to go into the mixer?

Thanks for any input,
Tony
My Gear:

Squier Stratocaster
Italia Maranello
Ibanez GIO
Samich D-1
Baldwin SG
Fender CD100CE

Proel WahWah
Digitech RP-80 Multi-Effects

Peavey Combo Amp
Marshall Practice Amp
from what ive heard theyre great tools. good quality. but re-evaluate what you want from your sound, and whether just getting a new amp would help. also, while essential, guitars dont dramatically change tone, unless you go from say, a strat to/from a LP.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
If you want just good effects for your loop, the Digitech GSP1101 is one of the best for the money. Just gotta get the foot controller with it, and if the amp is MIDI capable even better!
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
well when i plug my guitar into the amp directly (or with only a few pedal daisy chained), i get 90% of the sound i'm going for. so right now i know it's not the amp. i was hoping to get a multi FX which would remove 10 or so pedals from my chain.
My Gear:

Squier Stratocaster
Italia Maranello
Ibanez GIO
Samich D-1
Baldwin SG
Fender CD100CE

Proel WahWah

Peavey Combo Amp
Marshall Practice Amp
and i wanna keep the FX on the floor so i can use them on the road as well as recording. I avoid racks although Digitech is a pretty decent brand.
My Gear:

Squier Stratocaster
Italia Maranello
Ibanez GIO
Samich D-1
Baldwin SG
Fender CD100CE

Proel WahWah

Peavey Combo Amp
Marshall Practice Amp
they are crazy hard to learn how to use. i got one yesterday so i cant tell you much about it but sounds sort of ok on my amp. its a voxad50vt so it must sound good on something decent. if you are looking for effects only (not distortions and clean modulations) then there are probably other ways to go.