hai guys. I just have a question. i am sort of moving from modeling amps and cheap tubes to sort of high ended stuff. So im sort of lost, brand wise
I know brands like fender and marshall
but what other high ended amps are there and also what they mainly used for (what music genre)
like mesa and budda and stuff
thanks a ton
what genre do you play? Seriously, there are way too many brands for me to just start naming them and there genres.
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
Diezel. I love Diezel's, they're mostly used for metal and hard rock stuff.

Also,

H&K
ENGL
Peavey
Orange
Laney
Soldano
Hiwatt
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Last edited by soul.power at Jul 25, 2009,
Budget?
Genre of music?
Gig or no?
Used? New?

Maybe you could sell yourself your dumble clone?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jul 25, 2009,
Bogner!!!!
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Quote by gregs1020
Budget?
Genre of music?
Gig or no?
Used? New?

Maybe you could sell yourself your dumble clone?

did

yeh and im not really looking for any amp to buy im just asking about the amps themselves.
but might as well answer
alternate rock/classic rock/ metal
yes gig
yes used i never buy stuff new
Quote by DIFTWOOD
hai guys. I just have a question. i am sort of moving from modeling amps and cheap tubes to sort of high ended stuff. So im sort of lost, brand wise
I know brands like fender and marshall
but what other high ended amps are there and also what they mainly used for (what music genre)
like mesa and budda and stuff
thanks a ton

i sort of use my Dr. Z Maz 38 Sr. for my country/pop/rock/indie needs. These amps are mostly known for doing country (most notably Brad Paisley who has gone through a few different Dr. Z models). There are a few models that offer more gain like the Remedy and Prescription Jr.

I believe a band called Third Day uses them as well. Not sure who else does, I dont think Dr. Z is the first thing that pops into everyone's mind when they decide they want to go boutiqe amp shopping
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
I sort of use my AC30 for blues, classic rock and jazz. You can boost it to do hard rock and lighter metal
sorry no dr.z's for this guy.
TS id say a mesa boogie f-50 combo, its 50 watts, very portable, very versatile, or a laney vc series. if your moving into head cab territory look at the mesa mark IV, orange annnd also some marshalls are good if thats what you already know.....
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by DIFTWOOD
did

yeh and im not really looking for any amp to buy im just asking about the amps themselves.
but might as well answer
alternate rock/classic rock/ metal
yes gig
yes used i never buy stuff new

Watch ebay for a good 18 watt 1974 clone or a modified version of the 18 watt like the ones from budda and Dr Z
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by DA SQUAK
Bogner!!!!

I love the way an Uber can do "grunting pig" sounds.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Splawn
Reeves
/13
Two-Rock
Dr. Z
Bruno
Mad Professor
Bogner
Diezel
Komet
3 Monkeys
Fuchs
Bad Cat
Matchless
Quote by colin617
Splawn
Reeves
/13
Two-Rock
Dr. Z
Bruno
Mad Professor
Bogner
Diezel
Komet
3 Monkeys
Fuchs
Bad Cat
Matchless

Have you heard the sound clips of the Fuchs Viper? IMHO....yuck! All the other Fuchs amp are sweet as can be in their perspective genres but I think Fuchs vision of a metal voiced amp is going on a 30 year old hairspray metal kind of sound that can be had anywhere from Line 6 to Jcm 800 and pedal after pedal.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by miketheslut
Have you heard the sound clips of the Fuchs Viper? IMHO....yuck! All the other Fuchs amp are sweet as can be in their perspective genres but I think Fuchs vision of a metal voiced amp is going on a 30 year old hairspray metal kind of sound that can be had anywhere from Line 6 to Jcm 800 and pedal after pedal.

I have heard it and didn't think it sounded "bad", just kind of "meh". It is definitely a sound that can be had from dozens of other amps for over a grand less than what the Viper costs. Actually, I think you put into words what I couldn't quite describe about the Viper.

Still, the sweetest sounded Fuchs amp that I have ever heard was a Fuchs-modded Bassman-50.
+1 Colin617
+1 Gregs1020

Quote by acdcrocks0323
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lg1qFxppSQ

Not EVH and not his gear. Sounds reallllllllly close to his Eruption tone.

Edit: How the fuk did this get posted in this thread?

I'm not sure either but while we are at it I think this is even closer. Splawn Quick Rod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2woynULVJUk