I want to tune meh Licensed FR to Drop A...but I want to know how its done before hand so I don't **** up meh beautiful white Schecter. Help please.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

this guitar+ emgs=sex (sex for around 600 bucks mind you)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
what is your current tuning?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Gonna need some heavy gauge strings (.13's?), Probably 1 or 2 more springs, and then it should just be as simple as setting up your FR with any tuning...maybe.
k dude ive done that before on my esp,after undoing the nut first u gotta take off the back plate and loosen up the tremolo tension screws, u may have to loosen them quite a bit for drop a, i kno i did. then basically its trial and error of tuning and adjusting the tremolo tension. just make sure the bridge is parrallel to the body when its in tune. u may have to do a truss rod adjustment, i didnt but i have a different guitar than u so...idk.
oh btw i am assuming u already put on heavier strings (at least a 52 but maybe 54 or 60 depending on how tight u like it)
Drop B. Now that I think about it...would another step down hurt it at all? Cuz my bridge is still level.

B > A
F# > E
B > A
E > D
G# > F#
C# > B
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
I'm assuming 6 string?
none the less, you will need a .60+ string on the lowest string.
can also adjust bridge.
best just to take it to a guitar place, and have them set it up for you.
no do not take it to one of those over charging bastards, it takes about 5 min it get from b to a, just loosen the tension screws a little and tune to a and ur done thats it, dont **** urself by taking it to some douche bag
Oh I gotta **** with the springs...that sounds like a lot of work dude...

I don't think I have .59 gauge strings tho...I have the one's that came on it. And its not too floppy.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
trust me man its no work at all, just loosen the screws up a little bit it takes less than 5 minutes dude seriously, 5 min of screw adjustment or 60 bucks at a shop, its really easy to do.
btw put some bigger strings on it for the love of god (or satan, depending on what ur into) or at least put some new ones on it, it will sound ALOT better than the factory ones trust me on this
Alright dude I will. What do I loosen the springs with? Alan wrench?
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
not sure for schecters, on mine once i took the back plate off there were 2 screws on the springs. i think mine has phillips heads. just take the plate off first and you will see what im talking about
Hmm well I think I'll try tuning it down before messing with the strings...and if it works it works...if it doesn't I'll mess with the springs...that won't break the FR will it?
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
it shouldnt, ive never heard of a broken floyd due to spring adjustments. just try to keep the bridge even with the body, have you done any action adjustments yet?
Quote by MetalMyke
Oh I gotta **** with the springs...that sounds like a lot of work dude...

I don't think I have .59 gauge strings tho...I have the one's that came on it. And its not too floppy.

You got a guitar with a Floyd, now deal with it Just make the couple of turns to loosen the screws. My friend uses this tuning with a set of 13-60.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Goodtimes666
it shouldnt, ive never heard of a broken floyd due to spring adjustments. just try to keep the bridge even with the body, have you done any action adjustments yet?

Nah. The action was nice an low, so friggen perfect I decided not to touch it.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
k, bc when i go from b to a i do a slight action raise, but if u havent lowered it should be fine
Alright dude well I'll give it a shot then. See what goes on.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
Just tuning it down without adjusting the springs is just gonna have you retuning all your strings for 5 minutes until you realize its a waste of time. You're going to need block the trem then tune, then adjust the springs, heres something I made for another thread.
came back to see how it went. as far as the post above this,no u dont, i do this all the time, idk wtf hes playing but that really isnt necessary, sounds like a total waste of time and effort, just do like i said and it will be fine man.