ok so i have a major feedback issue with my amp, and cables, so i'm thinking about a new amp, and this proposes some questions i need some help with. I'm thinking about uping my amp up (Marshall MG30FX) to a half-stack, but i don't wanna spend more than $500. So my first question is what is a good half-stack under $500 with 50+ watts if any?? My second question can i add an amp head to my current amp?? I generally play from alternative rock (patd, all time low, ect.) all the way To metalcore (the Devil Wears Prada, A day to remember ect). Thanks
GEAR:
Ibanez GSA60 guitar
perri blue lighting strap
Digitech RP250 pedal
Marshall MG30 Amp

Quote by Glen
I call these Glen wads, they'll get you high just on flavor alone

FOUNDER OF THE JONAS BROTHERS SUCK group join today
You won't be able to get much of a half-stack with only 500 bucks. I think maybe you should go with a tube combo amp. Chances are it would be a lot better than a low quality half-stack.
Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"

Does it have to be halfstack? You could get a decent tube combo for under $500, but if it's a feedback issue you might want to look into the cause, since the amp might not need replacing.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

do you HAVE to have a halfstack?
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Peavey Valveking 112.

It's 420 bucks for a 50W 112 tube combo amp.

A decent halfstack for metal would be impossible to find at 500. You could get a head, but a cabinet would run you over your budget.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Last edited by soul.power at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by soul.power
Peavey Valveking 112.

It's 420 bucks for a 50W 112 tube combo amp.

A decent halfstack for metal would be impossible to find at 500. You could get a head, but a cabinet would run you over your budget.

^^This

I own one and it's a great amp, you might need a tubescreamer to boost the OD and get into metal territory, the bad monkey is cheap and works great

EDIT: Or you could get a blackheart little giant. It's cheap, it's a half-stack and it's good for metal, only drawback is it's 5W, but it's tube so it can get pretty loud regardless of the wattage.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by Zoso1994 at Jul 25, 2009,
B52 At-112

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
if you want a halfstack for the right reasons you could go used and get the 212 version of those amps, if it was just for the fact that they're loud, you really dont need the big 412, seriously you'd regret it later.

Also look at randalls, most of their stuff is suited for high gain.
you can get a bugera 333xl head and cab for possibly 600 maybe if your lucky. look on ebay +cragslist
Can you tell us more about your 'feedback issue'? As a general rule, amps don't cause feedback issues! It's probably your pickups.

Also, no way in hell you'll get a good half-stack for $500. Everything in that range is basically a bigger version of your MG.