I don't know if this is a good idea or not, but every time we write songs, we'll come out with a different genre. There's 1 that sounds like a Skid Row song, 1 that sounds like RHCP+Nirvana, and another that sounds like some sorta Audioslave song. The genres are pretty far apart, and personally, I don't think it's a good idea cos if we release an EP, it'll probably annoy the listeners because of the different likings of the listener. To me, I find it a rather silly idea, but we really enjoy writing and jamming to different genres. So tell me UG, should we sit down one day and discuss what genre should we stick to or should we just continue playing multiple genres? It's fun for me because I listen to a lot of different genres ranging from jazz to death metal.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I wouldn't worry about it. It's rare for the same people playing the same instruments to sound vastly different on the songs. I'm sure it sounds different to you and that's great, but for the audience members they'll be able to hear the similarities and you'll be fine.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
My band's drummer writes stuff that sounds like Smashing Pumpkins, the vocalist writes Bob Dylan style, Guitarist writes Pink Floyd and I write Tool. We cherish our diversity in music.

Led Zeppelin did it, so can we and so can you.
Although diversity from song to song is generaly considered a good thing because it stops it all sounding the same and stops people getting bored of you, I can kinda see your point, so I would suggest trying to place lots of genres in each song you write, which should effectively create a new genre, your own.
Actually, what my band does is we have different setlists based on genre and depending on the venue and the audience we pick a different list, obviously you would never hear anything from our folk/light rock setlist while sharing the stage with a metal band. If there's a lot of chicks in the crowd then we do out setlist of pop/danceable rock covers that usually drives them wild.
Really, all good responses so far.

Alan's point is something that a lot of people don't really realize, though. Your genres really aren't that far apart. It's not like you're going from Stompin Tom to Rage. They're all hard rock bands. No prob. In that case, Alan's advice is spot on.

However, if you have one song that sounds like the Counting Crows, another that sounds like Pantera, and another that sounds like Bob Marley, then you've got a problem.

I'm really curious to see how our recording in August is going to go. We'll be recording our last three songs, and they have three entirely different vibes:
1. Filter/Stabbing Westward (complete with synth patches)
2. Nazareth/G'n'R
3. Trooper?

Although I don't know what the end product will sound like, I do know that they will all sound like Now-Here-This.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
AT the end of the day, you will sound like you. I write songs that stretch from hendrix jam freakouts to stoner metal dropped tuning sludge to thrash inspired garage sounding tunes. I still end up sounding like myself. That's what's important
There have been quite a few questions about set lists, and mixing genres. We have pretty eclectic tastes, so we get some odd results writing. One reason we haven't started to gig is that we're still finding "our sound". There is a point that you just have to go do it, and see what happens. Obviously, you don't want to fail, but you have to try things out with a real audience.

I think we have enough songs now, and if a a song is going over well, we can do an extended version. We may be over-thinking it, but when we did 3-4 hour gigs, we'd notice when people were dancing, or having fun, and add a chorus, or repeat a verse/chorus/go instrumental, to keep it going. Then if we had to we'd abandon the set list, and play another song with a similar groove. Every audience is different. It is a skill to be able to read them. So yes, diversity can be a good thing, if you know how to use it.