And i'm scared about so many things. I don't know where to begin....

I bought a vox valvetronix amp. When I turn it off, there is a popping sound followed by a smaller one. I tried a different power outlet and the same thing happened. What is this?

I got a Squier Classic Vibe guitar. It play pretty good, put when I hit the string really hard on the E string open and the 8 fret, there is buzzing. When open, it rings cleanly for a while, then it buzzes a little, and on the 8th it buzzes straight away. Its not bad, and you can barely hear it if the distortion is on. Should I be worried?

I got a tremolo arm (Its a squier stratocaster) How far would I be able to change the pitch up and down?
There's absolutely nothing to be concerned about at the moment. The popping sound is probably normal, every amp makes some sort of little noise when they turn off. The Squier's action might not be correct, bring it to a shop and they'll figure it out for you. On my old Squier, you can dramatically change the pitch lower but not much higher, but with a guitar like that it won't stay in tune if you use it a lot.

Don't be scared!
Last edited by third-eye at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by GoldfishMoon
And i'm scared about so many things. I don't know where to begin....

I bought a vox valvetronix amp. When I turn it off, there is a popping sound followed by a smaller one. I tried a different power outlet and the same thing happened. What is this?

I got a Squier Classic Vibe guitar. It play pretty good, put when I hit the string really hard on the E string open and the 8 fret, there is buzzing. When open, it rings cleanly for a while, then it buzzes a little, and on the 8th it buzzes straight away. Its not bad, and you can barely hear it if the distortion is on. Should I be worried?

I got a tremolo arm (Its a squier stratocaster) How far would I be able to change the pitch up and down?

Amps tend to make pops when you turn them off, it's nothing to worry about. If you're worried about the buzzing then you can try raising the action a little and see if it helps, it may be because the strings are new though, new strings can sound a little "rattly". As far as the trem goes you won't get any up-pull from it, you can only lower the pitch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If the VT has a standby switch, use it. All valve amps 'pop' and that must include hybrids. If there's no standby, just turn the volume right down before you switch off, if you prefer not to hear the 'pop'.
Buzz. Get the action/truss rod/high fret sorted by a tech.
Strat trems can be set to give a small up-bend but that means it becomes a floating bridge and will be a b*tch to tune and worse than usual to stay in tune. If you must try it, loosen off the bolts on the spring plate under the back cover.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by steven seagull
Amps tend to make pops when you turn them off, it's nothing to worry about. If you're worried about the buzzing then you can try raising the action a little and see if it helps, it may be because the strings are new though, new strings can sound a little "rattly". As far as the trem goes you won't get any up-pull from it, you can only lower the pitch.

Rattly is more the word for it. I'll see if it goes away in a week or two, if not, i'll go get it setup at a guitar store.
For future reference, the EG and GG&A forum sections are better suited to these sorts of gear related questions
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.