Page 1 of 5
Hi all long time reader, first post.

Great forum, BTW.

This is our second commission build of a Tattooable guitar. We did one about 2-3 months ago that came out killer. We are still waiting on the customer to send us some pics of the completed art work. If we get the tattooist permission, we will post the pics of our first build along with this build.

Our first build came in the form of a commission after we presented the idea to one of our clients we have done other work for. We all really liked the idea of musicians being able to apply truly unique and personal artwork on a guitar body. Of course people have done this type of thing over the years with an airbrush and alike, but that requires some specialized equipment, skills, and was usually done in one sitting. That is to say, you would choose a design and someone else did all the prep, painting, etc. in one shot. Also, for a large scale guitar manufacture, they could only do so many designs in a cost effective way.

This type of build allows you to take the guitar into practically any tattoo shop in the world and have them lay down some mean stuff. Also really cool if you want, buy a tattoo machine kit, get into an awesome state of mind, grab your headphones, and go crazy with your own skills. I personally have gotten “lost” working on other projects using the same materials.

This build is going to get some preliminary tattoo work as part of the build, and then the client is going to have work done in all the different places they tour. It will be like a track record of where and when they toured, along with whatever else they can think of.

Sorry about the quality of these pics. I only had the shop camera handy when I took them. But after we get to the next stage, I will use a better camera and show more detail.

Thanks,
Robert

that... has to be the most amazing thing ive heard today.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
is that neck pocket seriously angeled like that? cause that might be the only tele ive ever loved
~Defiant~
that sounds pretty freakin awesome

(get ready for what might sound like a complete noob question about tattooing)

whats the body made out of?

cause....I wouldn't imagine tattooing a regular guitar body would be possible?
seems very cool, but how do they sound? What is it made from? Is it just some leather skin over the wood body?
That's... Really, really amazing. How is that possible? Is it about the finish or the material?
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
whoa. What material is covering that? Is it a trade secret? :P:

And BTW, That logo is freakin sick. Like really cool logo
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Thanks a lot for all the compliments!!

XChainsawGorgeX,
If you would like to discuss a project for one, just PM me and we will take it from their. At least 45 days out at this time.

We spent about a year of our spare time refining a material that was truly Tattooable. Any tattooist with their regular equipment can work on our stuff. A standard machine, needles, ink, and some petroleum jelly and green soap. Unlike leather it will not stain if the ink is removed in a reasonable amount of time, like an hour or so. Just wipe it clean. No leather we tested works. It stains and beats up needles, just did not work out well for us.

As for wood, this body is about 90% Alder, made in a rather traditional way. The Tattooable material is own “secret recipe” Patent Pend. And the entire body is covered with a very thin layer of Kevlar / fiberglass mixed weave which was chosen for sound. No, it is not bullet proof. LOL But we could get ballistic Kevlar for those that need a stage shield!

As for the neck angle, it is just an illusion. It is a rather traditional neck angle.

On the Tattooable material. I know people hate to hear, “it’s a secret”. Is sound so immature and so forth, but we are just regular hard working stiffs like most everybody else on this planet, and that info is just something we can’t give away. We have several Patents Pend On this project.

A little on sound. We spend a LOT of time on this project. We bought about 6K in electric guitars and worked with several local musicians, and our “God” is and was a very cool Tek spectrum analyzer. Our goal was simple but not easy. We tried very hard to keep the frequency response in the same range as our base line test. In the end, we got very good results with some “tweaks” to the design and anyone who has played our test units and the one that was sold was happy. Of course, the real judge or God will be the guitarist. We hope anyone who happens to use our equipment is very impressed.

BTW, thanks for the feedback on the logo. Yeah, a lot of people really like it!

Thanks,
Robert
great idea, will we be able to get in any shape?

also, what about the color, could we get sole that match our skin tone? that would be cool...
i would realy like to see a tattoo'd guitar, because if we cant see what it lools like with tattoos... uhh... well...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
so basically it's just a guitar with tattoo practice skin on it against a carbon fiber backing?
Quote by noisefarmer
so basically it's just a guitar with tattoo practice skin on it against a carbon fiber backing?

XD LOVE!! how you just come in and rationalise this thing :p my thoughts exactly. i mean sure a guitar you can tattoo is kinda cool i guess but its nothing ground breaking :/
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
Quote by sylphin
XD LOVE!! how you just come in and rationalise this thing :p my thoughts exactly. i mean sure a guitar you can tattoo is kinda cool i guess but its nothing ground breaking :/

well it is groundbreaking in the sense that he did have the idea before someone else did. it's not groundbreaking in the whole patent-pending super secret stuff. and if he/they did spend time "refining" a material that is tattoo-able (basically i'm guessing it's rubber) then that is commendable but it is also somewhat akin to inventing something that already exists.

plus, and this bit should be important, certain materials do not deal well with the rigors pertained in playing guitar. if it's a guitar that is intended purely for display purposes placed within a uv-resistant display case (uv rays are bad for rubber, if it is rubber) it should be ok. but for playing i see serious issues that will arise when the dude with his tattooed guitar matching his ed hardy shirt tears up the "skin" with his picking.

i'll tell you this though. amp and pedal manufacturers would love to have tattoo-able guitars on display next to their gear at trade shows. you could potentially make a killing financially just off of trade shows. even autoshows, consumer electronic shows, the adult video convention, etc...

then again i might be completely wrong in my assumptions and this guy might be a super-genius chemical engineer/tattoo artist who basically created indestructible skin. it could happen although if it was me i'd be selling it to the defense department since a lucrative government contract would be extremely appealing.

too much snark?
Metal-Matt,
Yes, body styles and shapes would be pretty much limited by imagination. If the shape someone wanted could be made out of wood, steal, aluminum, composites, then we could shape it. This is just the beginning, the very, very beginning. We will be offering Non-tattooable designs as well that will be really wild, at least we think so.

Yes, we will post stuff with artwork and tattoos at the right time in the build. You are right, seeing what is possible is very important! Perhaps I will post some sample tattoo work. I will think about that.

Noisefarmer,
“so basically it's just a guitar with tattoo practice skin on it against a carbon fiber backing?”
No. Very much No! I certainly do not want to sound adversarial but that is like saying,” the Ariel Atom is just a race car with almost no body”. (google Ariel Atom and check out youtube videos, really cool and fun) . Sure you can break things down to sound very simple, and that is cool if serves your purpose. “A rocket is just a cylinder, filled with an explosive fuel, which is launched and directed to a specific location”. Although, that is a true statement about a rocket, it leaves out details which are almost without end.

We have to scratch build our bodies, just like everyone else here. We can’t use off the shelf bodies. Our material is not “practice skins”.

A little info on the “practice skins” and our material:
The PS (practice skins) provided us a starting point, but they were so far off the mark from what we needed in the end and we know why. Every PS we checked out, about 40, was NG for our application, and actually they suck (no offense) for their design intention. They are fun to play with, if you can find one that does not stain, which there are very few. If you want to learn how to tattoo on humans, just throw them all in the garbage. They are nothing like human skin, and any amateur tattooist is taking a step backwards using them IMHO. Our material is nothing like human skin either! But it is Tattooable, and meets all of our other needs. This may sound a little corny, but it is like baking a cake. The “recipe” is very important, but also the way the components come together, stove temperature, pressure, and many other things are going to affect the out come. In chemical engineering a 5% change in volume on one of 25 ingredients can have a radically different outcome then expected. Even if I listed all the ingredients, with out the procedural steps, it would be difficult for even experts to produce a very similar material.

Our material is not practice skin, and is a unique recipe, designed for this application, and a few others which grant us the rights to pursue Patents. There is no prior art in this area.

The Kevlar / Glass mix is on the outside of the body and tucked in a few other spots. Not a backer for the skin. That would be a little too rigid, especially in Carbon fiber as you mentioned.

As for the pick tearing up the skin, the tattoo is just like your skin in the sense that it is permanent!!! You can’t sand it off! Certainly you could get it off, but it would be like trying to remove a tattoo on human skin, and baring modern science, a knife is your only option. LOL. The ink is a subsurface injection, just like your skin. And if pick stroke does present a problem after hundreds of hours of playing we have some solutions. We have considered that issue at length. When we first started this project, all I could think about was Richie Havens guitar torn up big time in the famous Woodstock video.

Additionally, you are right about trade shows and such. In addition to an engineering, manufacturing, and trade craft background, The Scouts (that’s us) have a background in marketing, and trade events. We will pursuer that when the time is right.

Noisefarmer, thanks again for you honest input. That is exactly why we put this build on public display. We want everyone’s feedback, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We need the feedback from the people with real world experience playing guitars. Hopefully we will get feedback from the younger guys getting started all the way to the very accomplished. I hope I have an answer for almost everything, in the sense that if I don’t, it means we missed something and in that case, we will do our homework at once.

Thank guys!
i see what you are saying but:

As for the pick tearing up the skin, the tattoo is just like your skin in the sense that it is permanent!!! You can’t sand it off! Certainly you could get it off, but it would be like trying to remove a tattoo on human skin, and baring modern science, a knife is your only option. LOL. The ink is a subsurface injection, just like your skin. And if pick stroke does present a problem after hundreds of hours of playing we have some solutions. We have considered that issue at length. When we first started this project, all I could think about was Richie Havens guitar torn up big time in the famous Woodstock video.

that is where i see a major issue with this. over time just from friction from playing and picking it's going to wear down and wear out and get torn to bits. there is no way you can compare it to human skin because human skin, unlike this i assume, is alive and is constantly shedding itself and growing. unless of course your hybrid tattoo practice skin is a living thing where it can repair scratches in itself just like human skin does. if the latter is the case i will gladly become an angel investor for 10% of the company lol! is the secret ingredient stem cells by any chance?

i wish you luck with this but honestly i dont really see this as something for a playable instrument although i sincerely hope you prove me wrong since it is a great idea.

and the ariel atom IS a racecar with almost no body and more horsepower per ton than anything, which is exactly why its awesome.
Sorry, but I don’t have anything on a guitar body at this time. I have lots test samples at the shop, but nothing cool or telling.

The 2 pics below are just for showing, what is possible in terms of fine detail and non-staining. Both pieces were done with regular tat shop stuff, nothing a good tattooist could not do.

One is a choker we did for one of our hard rocking Scouts, and the other is a RockSack (club purse) we did on commission for one of our regular customers.

Please keep in mind, these 2 items were done for females. The intent in this post is to show detail. The word “Forever” is less then a ¼ inch tall for scale. The whole area on the RockSack is about 2 x 5 inches. Now if you want a Gears of War or Metallica guitar that will be up to you.

BTW, these items are very smooth to the touch after being tattooed.

Enjoy,
Thanks Robert

Kevy, Thanks!

Noisefarmer,
Well I am glad we got each others points. LOL No, it unfortunately is not self regenerating, but you can have 20% of the company if we ever figure that out! LOL

Although, I don’t think this will become an issue, I agree, with enough playing and depending on the style of the guitarist the pick stroke wear can become an issue over a long period of time. Just some of our basis plans:
1) The wear will be like it is on wood or painted surfaces. The wear will not chip out, or appear as if their has been a failure of the material. From 1ft away it will just look like a very well used guitar. Having a relatively small area of your guitar showing pick wear that “fades” a portion of some of the tattoo work may do 2 things. A: Show you sure love to play! B: Add character to your already super cool guitar.
2) We can provide a Carbon fiber plate, either permanent or removable that will give you a lifetime of pick wear resistant. The tattoo work could go around it, or under it, if it was removable. Also, said plate could have its own artistic elements, such as color, border design, material usage, and so forth.
3) Have the worn area reworked

We have some other options, I won’t mention them at this time, but we have planned for this issue and have other options as well.

Because I really care, other than the “pick stroke” wear, are their other aspects you feel would make this a guitar you may not play?

I sincerely appreciate you feedback, thank you!

As for the Ariel, yes pretty sweet. But as far as racing in the U.S. It is an orphan. ( although I would put one on the street today if I had a spare 40K) It has no class to race in, except some catch all SCCA stuff and perhaps club racing if you can get enough of them together. Sure it can beat a bike, but so can a racing Kart a real racing kart. Like a 250cc shifter kart. That will tear your face off as well. The bike can only catch up in the long straights. All, really fun toys, I will take one of each please sir. Well, all ready did the shifter kart, really intense!

Later guy and girls, have to go into the shop, shut off the phone, lock the doors, and crank up tunes….TTYL
My God, my mind exploded about 10 times reading this, very amazing.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
this is just cool. how do they sound, in general?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Quote by Invader Jim
Am I the only one who thinks this isn't that cool?

I mean, it's an interesting concept, but I'm not going "OMFG DAT IS SO AWESUMZ!" and pissing my pants over it.

It is like anything out of the ordinary. It will very much appeal to certain people, not the majority, but a percentage of them for whom this will be perfect.

There are more than a few guitarists out there though, so even if this appeals to only 1% of them or 0.5% of them...that is still a considerable wedge, I should think.

Enough to buy an Arial Atom. Not that they are overly expensive for what they are.

I have had the pleasure of scaring myself in one on several occasions
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by Invader Jim

I mean, it's an interesting concept, but I'm not going "OMFG DAT IS SO AWESUMZ!" and pissing my pants over it.

Says the man who loves Squier Just kidding. I can see how you would think this isn't that amazing, but I still disagree.

Very good idea, I hope it works out well for you! Now I just have to wait for y'all to mass produce this material, or at the least, reveal the process behind making it, and I'll be happy
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
Says the man who loves Squier Just kidding. I can see how you would think this isn't that amazing, but I still disagree.

Don't make me get out the ban hammer.
Quote by Invader Jim

Agreed, I don't see what's so amazing about this. It's just another way to do artwork on your guitar except you have to take it to a tattoo place and get someone else to do it for you.
Quote by NuclearScouts
This is our second commission build of a Tattooable guitar. We did one about 2-3 months ago that came out killer. We are still waiting on the customer to send us some pics of the completed art work. If we get the tattooist permission, we will post the pics of our first build along with this build.
UNLESS the customer is the tattooist, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You don't need to have the artist's permission to show pics of his work any more than you need them to show a pic of a tattoo on your body. Once he(she) has been paid for the work, YOU own it. Show pics of it, do whatever. Any credit or acknowledgment you make is your option.

Quote by NuclearScouts
Of course people have done this type of thing over the years with an airbrush and alike, but that requires some specialized equipment, skills, and was usually done in one sitting. That is to say, you would choose a design and someone else did all the prep, painting, etc. in one shot. Also, for a large scale guitar manufacture, they could only do so many designs in a cost effective way.

This type of build allows you to take the guitar into practically any tattoo shop in the world and have them lay down some mean stuff. Also really cool if you want, buy a tattoo machine kit, get into an awesome state of mind, grab your headphones, and go crazy with your own skills. I personally have gotten “lost” working on other projects using the same materials.
I found this part a bit amusing. A ton of inkslingers also do airbrush work. It's a ton easier, quicker, and has more possibilities than tattooing. It's generally done in a single session because it CAN be. It takes far less time than a tattoo. Hence the cost will be lower.

And yes, it can be done in multiple sessions as the mood strikes you and new ideas come to mind, just like a tattoo.

The concept of a tattooable guitar is novel, inventive and ...

meh.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Wait how much is this guitar itsself gonna be?.........And then you have to add the price of tattoos to it.........F**K that I'd rather paint a guitar nude and ask them to draw the tatt concept on the guitar. Then you gotta factor in if they will even do it not knowing if the material will break the machine they have or not........And if i'm not mistaken the matterial is simmilar to or a variant of Dragonskin the matterial that the millitary and Crash test facilties use to build crash test dummies out of.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Thanks again for the positive feedback. As for sound, it seems to be a non issue at this point. ANY difference in shape or material from one electric guitar to another is going to change the resonant frequency of the guitar assembly at some level. So EVERY electric guitar is going to have it own sound, even ones made by the same company using the same materials. This area of engineering to way to complicated to explain in a forum post, at least in one shot. Basically we tweak the guitar body to produce the same frequency response as a parent signature which was taken from an unaltered guitar straight out of the box. It is actually a rather simple process. We can make an Ibanez sound like a Gibson and vise versa. We just make changes in a few spots measure the output, and bam! It is done. Remember, I am taking about electric guitars. If it was an acoustic body, then all bets would be off. We have not worked with any acoustic guitars.

Skeet UK,
Thanks for making a point for us. You said it well.

SomeoneYouKnew,
If anything we have said is the dumbest thing that you ever heard, then you must be real young or live in a box buried in a desert. LOL The illustrator and tattooist are the same person, separate from the client. Why don’t you explain in legal terms how YOU would retrieve images of artwork on a guitar body you no longer have access to? And how could you post in good faith images you may receive via email, without a letter of consent? The photographer owns the IP on the images, not me or anyone else. The second the photographer captures the image, said image is their IP. No offense, but perhaps you may want to read some IP law, before you make a denigrating comment on an issue, you don’t fully understand.

As for air brush verse tattoo. They are very different art forms, both having their pros and cons. I just know from market research and common sense, it is a lot easier to find a tattooist in Amsterdam on short notice, then an airbrush expert. That I know is a fact! Also, with paints you can have some compatibility issues, so having your guitar worked on by several guys around the world or county is very unlikely to be as easy as getting tattoo work done. Air brushing is super cool, we have some great guys we have worked with over the years, it just not as convenient as tattooing, IMO.

Yes, airbrushing the guitar in one shot would be cheaper than tattoo work, I agree. But, that is not what the build is about. The build is also certainly not about buying a low priced or value guitar. That is not what we do. We provide something no one else does.

I really wish instead of trying to tare us down, with ill equipped comments about IP, and so forth, you posted something valuable. Like a good discussion about why you feel this is not cool, or has some technical flaws, etc. At least we all could have gotten something valuable out of that. There is no point in referring to us as “dumb” or our input as “a bit amusing”.

Not personal, just business.

UnHeroLike,
Understood. Most tattooist will probably think the material is “PS” and work on it without a problem. Others, can be directed to our website, and if they see tattoo work already on the guitar, they will figure things out for themselves. The tattooist we have run across, are familiar with “PS” and they will do a quick dry run in a corner to see how they like it. It is a good point, but I don’t think you will run into a problem with tattooist being concerned about damaging their equipment on our stuff.

As for your guess on material. Dragon Skin, sorry way off. Google dragon skin. It is a hard core rather new ballistic and blunt trauma protective material. Different field of chemistry. To my knowledge Dragon Skin is not used on crash test dummies, it would throw off their data big time. LOL. But the skin that IS on a crash test dummy, although very different from our material is starting to get close, at least in the ball park.

Guitarcam123,
We never said the body shape was new. Frankly, we just looked at all the guitars we had disassembled and chose elements of different bodies that we liked, and started drawing. I just did not want anyone reading this post to get the impression that we are claiming any IP over the exterior shape of the guitar body or that we think it is novel, etc.

Again, thanks to everybody for your feedback, positive and otherwise, it is helpful and we appreciate it! We may debate strongly with you, but we are listing.

Later,
Robert
also a con about is what if you want to take something off, it wont be as easy as sanding off the paint, so a mess up would actually be less convenient
Quote by AmericanParadox
cuztomizing guitars = best thing in the world. Better than sex.

GB&C RULES

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 Fr
Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Boss Ds-1
Digitech RP55
Ibanez WD7 Weeping Demon
Ibanez Fz7 Fuzz
Marshall MG10CD 40W
Modded POS Strat
Guitarmankyle,
Yes, you are absolutely right. The tattoo work will be permanent, at least on the design we have presented here. We have some ideas about tensioning the material in such a way as to have it be replaceable. But, your right, it is a con. At least it is a lot less of a con then if the tattoo work was being done on you. LOL You can always get another guitar body, but dealing with a tattoo on your own skin that you don’t like is always a bitch.

Thanks,
Robert
Quote by NuclearScouts
We just make changes in a few spots measure the output, and bam! It is done.

Frequency tweaking...a new use for a Spice Weasel

Quote by NuclearScouts

Skeet UK,
Thanks for making a point for us. You said it well.

I have the benefit of age and experience

Well, I try to make sense and understand someone's position.

I know nothing of "Practice Skin" technology, or your secret new skin, but I am willing to wager it can be poured in it's raw state and as such, may have other uses you haven't explored yet.

Your point about it being easy to find a Tattooist at a moments notice, is also valid and you may be doing drunk customers a favour, when they come out of the store with "Gay love rules", in Kanji on their Guitar, rather than their arm

A tattoo, even a fairly ambitious one, can be applied in a few hours and is instantly "available", even more so in your case as I doubt your material scabs up!
Airbrushing, while also fast, can be more involved, requires protection with clear coats, which take time to cure and so on. Airbrushing isn't even a valid argument against your idea, because they are so different (yet similar).

So yes, while tattooing a guitar may not appeal to me personally, I can see that it would appeal to other people...perhaps even people who don't play, but collect tattoo's.

So as far as I can tell, you have a valid idea, with potentially new technology, with a tangible client base. What's not to like?
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Quote by NuclearScouts
SomeoneYouKnew,
If anything we have said is the dumbest thing that you ever heard, then you must be real young or live in a box buried in a desert.
Well it was the dumbest thing I had heard. Unfortunately that (dis)honor can no longer be bestowed on the statement I quoted from your OP. Second place is still quite an achievement, though.

Before we continue, let me set the record straight. I'm not real young. I'm FAKE young. Oh, wait. I suppose you were trying to say I'm very young or extremely young. Not the case. And you're way off base on my residence. I live nowhere near the desert.

I live in a van down by the river.

Quote by NuclearScouts
The illustrator and tattooist are the same person, separate from the client.
Good. Now that we have established that the owner of the guitar is a separate party from the tattooist, the initial clause can be removed from my opening statement in my previous post. Just start from "that's the", insert "second" immediately after, and continue on.

Quote by NuclearScouts
Why don’t you explain in legal terms how YOU would retrieve images of artwork on a guitar body you no longer have access to?
You appear to be lost here. Let me draw you a map. Retrieval of the images of the artwork was never the issue I questioned. It was your silly notion that you had to receive permission from the artist: "If we get the tattooist permission"

Quote by NuclearScouts
And how could you post in good faith images you may receive via email, without a letter of consent? The photographer owns the IP on the images, not me or anyone else. The second the photographer captures the image, said image is their IP.
hahahaha. This red herring you've created is actually closer to brown in hue. This has nothing to do with the tattooist or his permission. But no matter, you're still being silly. You DON'T need a letter of consent. The fact that the client sends the images in response to your request to have them for display as an example of how your product can be used, falls under implied consent. When he SENDS them to you, rather than you copying them from display on a site that could be viewed by the public, any restrictions on your use of them would have to be EXPRESSED by him.

Quote by NuclearScouts
No offense, but perhaps you may want to read some IP law, before you make a denigrating comment on an issue, you don’t fully understand.
None taken, of course.

Denigrate. That is a wonderfully appropriate word for this occasion. "to deny the importance or validity of" At least you've displayed a modicum of proficiency in regards to vocabulary. Perhaps someday your reasoning skills will reach a similar level.

All this ado regarding your unfounded concerns about displaying images has taken the focus off the topic of your product. You have indeed created a complicated milieu upon which artwork can be applied by means of a readily available, albeit expensive process. You are truly on the forefrontskin of technology.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Skeet UK,
Funny, if it would help our stuff sound even better, I would dip them is Spice Weasel piss. Although, I really like almost all types of weasels, I hope that does become necessary!

I agree with your points. Also, for the customer of the guitar and tattoo shops around the world, there are a couple of very good benefits that have not been mentioned yet. In addition to your points, you do not have to be 18, No Biohazard! Shoot, no license. Which means you can work on your guitar while hanging out with friends almost anywhere. And people that are not legally allowed to walk into a tat shop and have work done are now welcome customers. Also, with regard to pricing, many tattoo shops and tattooist have down time. Many of them will be happy to work on something like our product in-between heavy traffic hours. If the tattooist is someone you trust, ****, they will just take it home and work on it when they can if the art work is large and I know they will give you a rate as well, that is to say a good deal. No blood, no crying, no complaining, no moving around. For many tattooists this is a really great way of increasing their income while still doing what they love, instead of some second job they hate.

The shop owners loved our test units for all the same reasons. For tat shops and others, a Tattooable guitar opens up the discretionary cash available to a teenager that was previously locked out by age laws.

I hate to go on and on, but the Mountain Dew has got me pumping. It also allows those that are good illustrators to draw and apply the tattoos themselves. It is not like human skin, it takes a lot less talent to apply a nice tattoo to our skin. Meaning tattooists have to be able to work on different kinds of skin, the skin changes a lot even on the same person, the can easily go to deep or shallow, you have to consider longevity, fade, and many other things. It is just not easy to tattoo human skin with good results. In the case of our guitar, if you can draw, you can tattoo. Shading will take some practice, but I have had good illustrators pumping away on this material in less then an hour of guidance.

For us, because we have been working on this for a while, the list of cool aspects just goes on for a long time, but everyone “thinks” their projects are cool or worthwhile.

SomeoneYouknew,

Oh, my kind of guy, you have a little fight in you, ah mate! A real RocknRolla!
I know better then to get dragged into a 20 page debate over your opinions verse mine on the proper legal and professionally appropriate use of IP.

We disagree. It happens.

You carry yourself in a certain manor befitting to you, and so do I. Your method of welcoming us to the forum is referring to us as dumb. OK. I find it comforting that your content with our use of English. I know you are not feeding us platitudes that would just be mean.

No autopsy, no foul.

As for my response detracting from the focus of our product, I disagree. All be it, a discussion about IP is not very relevant, at least those that read this will hopefully appreciate that we don’t take others property rights lightly, and we will not be bitch slapped without a response. When you buy from us that’s what you are get, US. Our customers keep coming back, when it comes to getting paid for a service, we are straight forward; we don’t F**K around, play games, or tinker with anything. And when we screw up we admit it, straight up, and make things right!

BTW, I sincerely forgot, Thanks for the kudos mixed into your remarks. You’re a good guy, you might even be someone I used to know! As a completely stoned, old friend once said, “I used to know people like us”. It has been fun, I wish you all the world has to offer! And if you already have that, then enjoy it, in great health for a 100 lifetimes….

Thanks,
Robert
You guys are so sweet together...I'm welling up.
Quote by Cal UK

I support Shay van Fani
all i know is that i just want one
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
I like it. Just being able to say that your guitar is tattooed is a cool notion; different connotations than airbrushing. It's a novelty for sure, but I bet you'll sell a ton of them.
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
Page 1 of 5