No, its not the name of an old B.B king song...

I'm having a few bending problems with my new guitar. an Ibanez RG420MDX

now I have been playing guitar for awhile now, and im usually pretty competant with string bending, and I have this new guitar. The factory set up seems pretty darn good, I had to sink the Trem a little, but the action and intonation are fine.

I have a song where I bend an E (high E string, 12th fret) a full tone up to an F# (high E string, 14th fret) and I can't.

I have the finger strength to physically DO the bend, but my strings feel WAY tighter than any of my other guitars, it only bends just higher than half a tone, and feels like if I push anymore, it will literally break the string.

The only way I can think of slackening the string is by detuning it, which obviously doesnt work...

Any Suggestions?
lighter guage strings
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I have problems with the high e getting stuck in the screw for the retainer bar when I tuned it, giving it extremely high tension.

Make sure it isn't that?
It has an Edge 3 floating trem,

I have super light gauge strings already, .09's to .42's
This is my first instrument with a retainer bar, i'l double check that.

Thanks for the replies.
Did your other guitar have a shorter scale? Most Ibanez RGs I know of are hella long, and compared to a shorter Gibson-style scale length, the strings will feel stiffer in standard tuning.

If nothing else will fix it, maybe just tune half a step down.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Did your other guitar have a shorter scale? Most Ibanez RGs I know of are hella long, and compared to a shorter Gibson-style scale length, the strings will feel stiffer in standard tuning.

If nothing else will fix it, maybe just tune half a step down.

Yeah it is longer infact, 24 frets as opposed to my usual 22, i think its 25.5 maybe?
That would actually explain it i think, thanks, i guess il just have to get used to it