I just want to know what is the benefit of replacing a TOM in a cheap guitar to something of better quality besides the obvious tone improvement.

Thanks.

P.S. Hell no I'm not doing it on my Jackson!! For other guitar
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
thats tough... i know people swap out a tremolo because they'll affect so much about your guitar, but i feel like a TOM couldn't really go wrong for you... even a cheap one.

i've heard tons of people say they "upgraded" their gibson TOM's, but unless it's one with fine tuners

i'm really not sure what difference it would make that WOULDN'T be tone.

EDIT: i realized you probably meant the part that adjusts intonation (real bridge), not the tailpiece. sorry, sometimes i just don't think.

anyway, i think (depending on what it's made of) that would affect the guitar to be brighter or darker, and maybe help tuning by allowing the strings to pass through more easily than a cheap-o-matic would.
Yeah. Different material will sound a bit differently. But that does not mean that one will sound better than other, it's about personal preferences.

I switched my TOM bridge because of the string radius. Was too lazy to file the saddles down so I figured it was better to buy new. Didn't really notice any tone change or anything.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Your not going to get some huge difference swapping a TOM for another TOM. Theres not a huge price difference between a good TOM, gotoh, and a cheaper one, GFS. Its actually kind of hard to screw 1 up as they are pretty simple. The cheap chinese ones are usually made of softer metal and the finish may wear off faster tho. The gotoh will get a wider intonation adjustment. And there are a few w fine tuners, each saddle is height adjustable, or has graphite saddles. The only 1 supposed to offer a difference is the tone pros but they are quite a bit more expensive, 130$ vs 20$.
So, I could just buy something from EBay, and it won't mess anything up? I'd assume the strength with which it can hold intonation has something to do with something. I mean, it's for like a cheap mid price guitar. What color hardware would look best on a fairly dark trans blue?

So I got durability, tone, and possibly intonation strength.. thanks.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
you probably could, but it depends on what the guitar is. is it a gibson/epiphone? because those would be easy to find replacements for, but a different brand might be a little more difficult