Hey, before you rush into spending the big bucks on a big name head, check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFv-VBRrtlA

It's a real convincing video on the new Bugera 1990, designed to replicate the immensely popular Marshall JCM900.

And after watching that, you'll notice it does a damn good job! and at only a fraction of the price.

not quite the JCM2000, but definetly worth a look.

Before anyone asks,
No I don't work for Bugera :p
Which JCM2000?

If it's a DSL, definitely go for it because they're great, very versatile amps that can do cleans and high gain, although they don't have the classic "Marshall" sound as they're more modern voiced. (Don't let the cool kids on UG tell you that this makes it a bad amp though - it doesn't.)

If it's a TSL, try first as I found the TSL to be much thinner and a bit flat for my tastes.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Which JCM2000?

If it's a DSL, definitely go for it because they're great, very versatile amps that can do cleans and high gain, although they don't have the ctssic "Marshall" sound as they're more modern voiced. (Don't let the cool kids on UG tell you that this makes it a bad amp though - it doesn't.)

If it's a TSL, try first as I found the TSL to be much thinner and a bit flat for my tastes.

Hmm I was actually considering the DSL over the TSL...glad I went with my gut on that