First song that I've actually written, ever. Not finished and probably a little generic but constructive criticism is appreciated.

C4C if you want.

Look at post 17 for the final version.
Last edited by Z3r0747 at Jul 27, 2009,
Eventhough I hate the genre, this IS different from Dragonforce, Helloween or Stratovarious (in order from least similar to most similar).

The choir ''Ahhs'' creep me after a while, unless that is the feeling you want the song to give (probably, cause it is power metal) you made a good job.

Leads were almost epic.

If you added some stupid lyrics, I can imagine this being the first power ranger generation theme song (which was a really cool theme song), if you add more serious lyrics, you could be the next dragonforce, but different and better, you can make history with this actually, this is a turn in metal, cause i never heard something exactly like that before. Anyway, how are you gonnna name this new metal sub-genre (if there is a sub-genre that is EXACTLY like this, please tell me, cause power metal is just different from this, gonna wikipedia melodeath).

9/10
and it is a genre that I hate (but for the 100th time, it is different).

C4C

EDIT: Im a dubass, i forgot about COB, but still, pretty similar (im kinda into COB) but it has its ''turn'' somewhere.
Last edited by actaderock at Jul 25, 2009,
Thanks! And yeah by melodeath I mean bands like CoB, Norther, and Kalmah (among loads of others)

I also can't quite get the choir sound I want because it's midi, but yeah I was hoping to eventually add serious lyrics after I finish it.
It's Powerdeath! Awesome powerdeath!

Being one who likes both power metal and melodeath i will say that this is awesome. What's the structure of the song? since you just lined out the parts after each other.

The leads were great and so was the rhythm. And what did actaderock mean by serious lyrics making you the next dragonforce? I think this could qualify as In Flames-ish melodeth and Stratovarius-ish power metal. Just plain awsome

The only thing i felt was wrong was that it had teh structure INTRO > VERSE > BREAKDOWN > CHORUS.

9.9 of 10 (10 if you had another structure of the song)

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1166908
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Awesome song, but are all those chords possible to play?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Since im into powermetal i can give you a crit

1-8, nice intro, it kinda builds up to the verse.
9-24, The verse is great, nice melody, but repititive, however its meant for a vocalist so its great
25-40, its not bad at all, its great
41-48, Its a chorus and sounds like a uplifting power metal chorus.

Actederock is wrong, there is an other kind of lyrics in power than melodet.Just listen to powermetal and find your inspiration.
Alright, thanks guys. To be honest I couldn't decide on the structure lol, I'll make sure I switch that around.

Also some chords aren't possible to play (even though they're just powerchords) because I wrote it mostly with the keyboard and music notation and not the tablature, which apparently makes the chords look impossible on guitar. I'll fix that though.
Dude, this was like the cheesiest thing I've ever heard.

Still, it's hard not to like it, and sure, the leads are good (especially the one in the chorus). But the chord progressions have been played a million of times before and it feels far to generic for the highest scores. Also, it's not really a complete song.

6,5/10, you obviously have talent when it comes to writing, you just have to find your style and always aim at being creative. If this was the first song ever done in this style, it would have been 8/10 for sure.
I know it isn't that unique but it's better to finish something after you start it then just scrap it and start over, IMO.

Anyways I fixed some things:

Switched the chorus around with the break
Fixed the unplayable powerchords (I think...)
Added a keyboard and guitar solo (this might raise the cheesiness a bit but TBH I don't give a ****)

The synth lead sound isn't quite the sound I want but there's only so much you can do with MIDI.

It's still not finished but I did extend it a lot.

attached below
Attachments:
MeloDeathPowerV2.zip
Last edited by Z3r0747 at Jul 26, 2009,
Ok final update before I go to bed. I added a little guitar+keyboard solo simultaneously, but I was just messing around so listen to my other version first .
Attachments:
MeloDeathPowerV3.zip
I love this song
but i felt it missed something... something deep and groovy...
Yeah! a BASSLINE!

so i added one for your newest version posted 10:45 today according to UG.
And A minor for the win eh?

It's not my best bassline, but i think it fit 100% with power/melodeath metal.

just use it if you want, i don't mind
Attachments:
that metal thing.gp4
Last edited by sfaune92 at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by ExplorerFreak
Did you use GP's transpose tool? Because some of the solo shift changes are impossible.

He said himself that the tab was messed up.
Quote by sfaune92
I love this song
but i felt it missed something... something deep and groovy...
Yeah! a BASSLINE!

so i added one for your newest version posted 10:45 today according to UG.
And A minor for the win eh?

It's not my best bassline, but i think it fit 100% with power/melodeath metal.

just use it if you want, i don't mind

Wow thanks man, I love it. Way better than my basslines any day. I'm keeping it
Alright I finished the song today, in the future I'll make a title and lyrics but for now it's the final version.
Attachments:
MeloDeathPowerV4.zip
Last edited by Z3r0747 at Jul 27, 2009,