Well there are three ibanez guitars that I've been looking on (one of which isn't sold in stores anymore) so which would be the best for the money because I really want something around $1000 or less and I found some that could be good.

Ibanez RG-550 which isn't sold anymore and I've seen it on ebay for less than $1000 but i don't know about that yet.
Or there is this http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG1550M-Electric-Guitar-501362-i1435784.gc Which seems similar but the question I have to ask is if its better than the Rg-550

and this one just because I've tried lower priced ibanezs and loved them and thought this was around that area of those two.
http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RG350M-LIST

I just need an ibanez with a very shreddy and fast neck that has good sound to it and i thought these would be good. But what would be best.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
You can find some used 570s and 550s for about as much as that low end ibby you posted, and with a better trem.

but I dont know if you are going for a bright color and maple board.
Quote by jake911
You can find some used 570s and 550s for about as much as that low end ibby you posted, and with a better trem.

but I dont know if you are going for a bright color and maple board.

I love the maple necks on guitars they just feel faster and the brighter colors are cool
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by athlete1
i'm purchasing teh 1550

leme know how it is cuz im thinking on getting it.
My Gear:
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
550s can be found on craigslist loads of times

if you can find one, a PGM might suit you
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
RG550's or 570's! i love mine. the neck flat as all hell, so be prepared for a toothpick. but they just don't make necks that feel as good as the old ones... i've had a few new ibanez's and sold them all. my RG570 is staying with me.

not to say they don't make great guitars anymore (i ALMOST bought an RG1550, probably would have if the ebay-er hadn't changed it from buy now to an auction) but the old ibanez's just feel right. try one out if you can. if not, the new prestige models should have the same size neck as the old RG's. ebay is full of great deals on 550's and 570's. plus most of the models on ebay have been upgraded with dimarzios. that may or may not be a good thing to you, but most people HATE ibanez's stock pickups. i never thought they were all that bad (their IBZ pickups are actually USA made dimarzios) but thats up to you.
Go used and buy yourself a RG550 it's worth it the lo-pro edge is the nicest trem I have played by far.
Quote by bfredder92
I love the maple necks on guitars they just feel faster and the brighter colors are cool

This man speaks my language. I thought I was the only one who felt maple necks play quicker. The RG550 or 570 is a fantastic guitar, probably the top Ibanez to have, I couldn't recommend one enough.
a late model RG550 will essentially be the same as the RG1550M. It'll just have a different trem. The old Edge is probably better if it's in mint condition but they'll probably be about the same taking wear into consideration.

the edge pro has a modification that you can do to make it perform as good as an original edge, though.

neither one will be a bad guitar (unless you get a dud, which is rare). but you can get 550s for less than half the amount of the 1550.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.