Hey everyone, I've been playing guitar for a couple months and wanted to know some good scales to learn.

I already know the major, minor, pentatonic and blues scales.

Thanks for any help
all of them
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
you already know the good ones now.

just learn them all across the fretboard and practice changing between the positions etc
Try to learn all of the modes, Ionian, Phrygian, Locrian, and the rest of em. Also, Id learn some arpeggio forms. Listen to the other poster and learn them up and down the fretboard
Dont just learn one pattern of those scales you listed,

Make sure you can play them all, all over the neck, not just moving the exact pattern down, because thats just changing key. Learn the boxes. For example; A minor pentatonic along the entire fretboard.

Interchange them, going through the scales left and right AND also up and down.

Not only does learning this give you WAY more creative material to work with, but it also looks WAYY cooler sliding up and down a neck, dominating it.
if you want to play metal you need to know E minor everywhere. and also some exotic scales such as the harmonic minor and phyrigian dominant are really cool.
i suggest you get a solid grounding in the major scale, how it constructed, the intervals etc.

after that, most scales are mearly alterations to it.
When you say you "know" the major, minor & pentatonic scales, do you mean you know their pattern on the fretboard, or do you mean you know how to use them to improvise and create music? Those are two completely different things. If you don't know how to use the scales you mentioned, I would get comfortable improvising with them first before moving on to other scales. Just my opinion, but knowing a bunch of patterns doesn't do anything for you if you can't use them to create music.
Like the guy said, KNOW the major scale(I started with natural minor, but oh well), then learn all the scales that come from it, eg the minor scale and all the modes - they use the same set of notes, the same pattern, just in a different order. Then go for the harmonic minor + its modes, double harmonic minor, diminished, augumented, the jazzy scales, just keep going.
Quote by jsepguitar
When you say you "know" the major, minor & pentatonic scales, do you mean you know their pattern on the fretboard, or do you mean you know how to use them to improvise and create music? Those are two completely different things. If you don't know how to use the scales you mentioned, I would get comfortable improvising with them first before moving on to other scales. Just my opinion, but knowing a bunch of patterns doesn't do anything for you if you can't use them to create music.
This! Plus, do you understand how they are constructed in terms of notes and intervals, and how to harmonise them? Do you understand how they are related to one another? Do you understand keys and key signatures? Can you use them comfortably all over the neck? If not, don't worry about learning new scales just yet - get to know the ones you already 'know' first
5 modes of minor pentatonic scale is all you need
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355