I can't really explain it but everytime i hear a cover of an FotC song, i immediately wanna kill myself. even tho i love the originals

especially if they are americans or australians and they are doing that "we are currently new zealands 4th most popular....." without the new zealand accent something about it seems really lame and mundane to me. the covers also seem liek their trying too hard to be funny unlike the originals which are just effortlessly funny

anybody else in the same boat?
It is a bit cringy when they copy every single line from one of the live performances because it doesn't sound as real, or do the "new zealand's 4th most popular folk parody duo" if their not from new zealand.

I have seen some good ones. The best ones are usually where they add something to the song and they don't just cover it word for word.
Quote by 12345abcd3
It is a bit cringy when they copy every single line from one of the live performances because it doesn't sound as real, or do the "new zealand's 4th most popular folk parody duo" if their not from new zealand.

I have seen some good ones. The best ones are usually where they add something to the song and they don't just cover it word for word.

exactly!!!

the other day i saw some australians covering business time and i was compelled to punch the jemaine imitator in the face for copying the live improvisations jemaine does
Hmm, if I don't like something I usually ignore it.

However it sounds like you may need to see a psyc.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud