I'm just fed up of having to fix the bridge and the action almost every 2 months on my current guitar. I'm going to sell it and get a new one, but I'm always lost when it comes to guitar choosing. I played trash a couple of years ago, but now I'm into softer stuff, most of it being jazzy leads for my solo homerecordings. On my current band, I'm trying to get clean and slightly overdriven chords to play poppy/funky (I want to get a defined 'chkchk' sound when muting the strings) stuff, very much like The Kooks, or The Virgins style. If it's possible, I would want my guitar to be able to handle distortion a bit well when needed (Obviously not for gore or death metal or something that heavy).

I tried looking at Strats, but there's something about them that makes me puke when having it in my hands. But I do love their sound.

Anything else you could recommend me? Thanks

:EDIT: I forgot to mention my budget... it's up to 700 USD. No more.
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Last edited by Metallica1989 at Jul 25, 2009,
i would say strats are your best bet but if you're not keen on them then maybe an epi SG or something from PRS would be a good buy.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Ok guys, I've narrowed it down to a MIM Strat or Fat Strat. I just came back from my neighbor's house and after trying his MIM strat some more, I think it's my best bet, even if I'm not so in-love with its looks.

What can you tell me about the humbuckers that come with the fat strat?
Quote by americnidiot
why the f*** does that guy have a KFC bucket on his head?

Quote by slashnmash
its buckethead dummy!
Telecaster?
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
Telecaster?

+1

You might even consider a Telecaster Custom... That way you can make use of the warm tones provided by the neck humbucker.
Quote by Metallica1989
Ok guys, I've narrowed it down to a MIM Strat or Fat Strat. I just came back from my neighbor's house and after trying his MIM strat some more, I think it's my best bet, even if I'm not so in-love with its looks.

What can you tell me about the humbuckers that come with the fat strat?

'05 model I played was heavily abused but that isn't the point the humbucker is pretty much average imo I couldn't pin point what it was but it's certainly giggable with I wouldn't have any worries with it mate If you're amp is good enough then the pickups won't matter so much.
You grew tired of a LP style guitar, which I'm assuming you like the looks. If you buy a strat that you DON'T like, won't you grow tired even faster than you did with the Epi? I mean, sure playability, tone and quality are very important factors, but IMO, the fact that you like/dislike the looks also plays a psychological factor when you play or even saps your will to practice after some time
Quote by Boiller
You grew tired of a LP style guitar, which I'm assuming you like the looks. If you buy a strat that you DON'T like, won't you grow tired even faster than you did with the Epi? I mean, sure playability, tone and quality are very important factors, but IMO, the fact that you like/dislike the looks also plays a psychological factor when you play or even saps your will to practice after some time

This.

I mean i was in the same position, I never really liked the look of most strats....until I saw the Jackson Adrian Smith San Diamas sig ohh godddddddd XD

but anyway, I think either a Tele or SG would suit you.
try the telecaster as previously reccommended. a PRS should be great as well...
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...