Very good demo. I'm also considering purchasing this amp.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
The tube produces preamp disotortion, if anything. It actually doesn't do a lot.

Amp sounds great though, a lot better than the ADVT series (first run).
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT
The tube produces preamp disotortion, if anything. It actually doesn't do a lot.

How? The tube is in the power amp
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
^It's a preamp tube. If you like inside your AD100VT, you will notice (if you left it stock) most likely an EHX 12AX7 preamp tube. It's the same way in my AD30VT
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
But surely it could not create preamp distortion if it is in the power amp. I know it's a preamp tube, but it is in the power amp.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
^Again, it doesn't really do anything, no matter where it's located. The tube is just a gimmick, and it always has been for "hybrid" amps.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
btw i dropped a pick inside it lol :P i tried to open it but it seems pretty hard, theres like 20 screws at least, im not sure how to open it as there is no instructions on manual

i guess would have to open them all to get inside, i dont plan on doing that though untl i need to replace the tube
Last edited by lord_of_the_rif at Jul 25, 2009,
^I did the same thing. After I opened it I just left it open back.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
^I've had my ADVT since 2006. I don't care if it does, it's over anyways.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
how youre supposed to change the tube without voiding the warranty
if you are not allowed to open it
I watched a review a while ago that stated the single tube (somehow, don't ask me) functions as both a pre-amp and a power amp.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
i think the tube does wear out since when you power the amp up you dont have any sound until minute or so after the tube warms up

unless they added the delay to fake that too?
Is there no standby switch?
They wouldn't go to all that effort to fake it, I don't think.

it is suspicious..

The delay is probably just to protect the t00b, because you're supposed to leave the filament warm up and start boiling those electrons before you start playing.