11 85%
MI Audio Crunch Box
1 8%
Tone Bone Hot British
0 0%
Maxon OD808
1 8%
Voters: 13.
Hey, I need an OD to get some more gain out of my AC30, I want it to be able to play classic metal and hard rock and get a marshall like sound. I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Vox AC30CC2, I also have a vox wah. My budget is around $200 US, but I can wait and save up money I could also go used. Help me UG and thanks ahead of time
I'll add a poll after the first few posts
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Fulldrive
Keeley TS9
Keeley BD-2
Keeley SD-1
Maxon OD808
Xotic BB Preamp
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
MI Audio Crunch Box
Maxon OD808
Raidal Tonebone Hot British
Rothwell Hellbender
All great choices
I haven't heard much about it, but you might want to check out the Maxon ROD880 .
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
I've narrowed it down to the following~
Maxon OD808
Tone Bone Hot British
Fulltone OCD
MI Audio Crunch Box
Opinions?
Edit: The Tone Bone Hot British is the most expensive so I want reasons why it is worth the money if you recommend it
Last edited by Rhoads_1096 at Jul 25, 2009,
I voted for the maxon because I own one and can vouch for it kicking ass.
Add Wampler to the list. Check them out at youtube.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD

There's too many OD's out there, you're just gonna have to try a bunch. Fulltone OCD and MI Audio Crunch Box spring to mind. If you have the dough, a Skreddy Screwdriver.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by CullenT

There's too many OD's out there, you're just gonna have to try a bunch. Fulltone OCD and MI Audio Crunch Box spring to mind. If you have the dough, a Skreddy Screwdriver.

Yeah, your right. Half of these suggestions I've never heard of. I'm just going to get an OCD soon. I've heard all of the youtube demos and for the price its the best I've heard so far.
MXR GT-OD, the best OD pedal i have ever used, the OCD is just a tad better than it but its more expensive.