One of the reasons I started playing guitar because I chose music for my GCSE subjects. Me and my best friend started at the same time, and we both took music, becausewe wouldn't do it on our own. Now he's pulled out a literally the last minute telling me he couldn't be bothered and would probably find it boring. I'm still taking it because I'm not just going to "sell out" because he's not doing it, but I do feel a bit done by if you know what I mean. What do you guys think about this?

Also, anyone who's taken Music for GCSE, can please tell me whatkind of things/courses you do?
Quote by Splashed
I'd just see where it goes and go with it.

I can't back out now anyway. Thedeadline for changing was a week back. Not that I want to back out though.
Uhh...continue taking the course and pop yo friend's tittie out yo mouth.
well you'll probably meet some likeminded people in you class so it could be a blessing that you are not staying in your comfort zone of friends
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Keep going it's awesome. We did loads of interval training and composition practice as well as looking at different genre's and what defines them
**** him
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Hang on, you just signed up partly because your matey is doing it?

**** that, if I was doing GCSEs again (weird thought that) especially if I was doing them at school I'd do music, for shizzle.
Have fun trying to do music gcse without at least a year of playing the guitar.
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Quote by Anthony1991
Stop whining? WHy did you pick up a guitar due to peer pressure anyway?

Wasn't peer pressure. I took up guitar becauseI wanted to play, because I took Music GCSE,and because I enjoy it. The fact that he played as well only made meplay because we could make a band seeing as he has a neat little garage with drums, 2 big guitar amps and a bass amp as well as 2 guitars and a bass.

^Yeah that scares me. I've been palying since February so I dunno whether I'll be good enough. But then again I think is composing stuff for a part? Plus it runs through for 2 years, so I'll be progressing whilst learning.. I know open chords, basic barre chords, the Pentatonic scale and as of now I'm learning the Paranoid solo. I also know tonnes of Metallica riffs if that counts to where I am in skill.
Last edited by Lollage123 at Jul 25, 2009,
stick with it. I don't know what this class thing your taking is, but pay attention and you'll be fine. And music is a good thing to learn.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
no harm in doing it, to be honest dude as long as you get A-C Grades in GCSE's no one really cares what they're in... employer's don't even give a **** what degree you do nowadays (if you're planning on uni that is) one of my mates got a degree in Geography and is now getting an accountants job in a bank... if i could go back and choose subjects again (god i wondered when i would be old enough to say that) i would have just taken the odd quirky subjects that might have been interesting... so, go for it.. you'll meet other musicians too, which is a plus if you're looking at starting a band or whatever...

and don't quote me on this, but i don't think GCSE in music has that much to do with guitar specifically, its a lot more generalised... you might struggle because you've only been playing an instrument here.. but hey if you can't find the info out on the pit, what chance have any of us got
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

Last edited by bloke at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by bloke
and don't quote me on this, but i don't think GCSE in music has that much to do with guitar specifically, its a lot more generalised... you might struggle because you've only been playing an instrument here.. but hey if you can't find the info out on the pit, what chance have any of us got
It is generalised but right at the end you have to do a solo performance and a group performance on an instrument of your choice and you need to play to a grade four standard to get full marks
Quote by hairypineapple
Should *have

You obviously didn't pick English

Its mandatory

or else i wouldn't
Quote by hairypineapple
Should *have

You obviously didn't pick English

he probably picked a real subject

anyway, OP, if you like playing enough there's no reason to stop or let others make you feel down.
if your friend's quit, just find someone else. i started by myself from the get-go, and i still haven't had anyone to jam with.
Stick with it, i started my GCSEs on sociology, but then after a week of taking it, i decided i didn't like it and switched to music, it was pretty much a shot in the dark as i didn't know anyone in the class that well, but i had a pretty good time, i was pretty bad back then compared to how i am now, so after about a year one of the teachers got me a guitar tutor who taught me every week for about a month or two, even though we didn't really get through a great deal of music theory, it was great, helped me to advance alot.

So stick with it, sometimes you gotta just run at things blindly and hope for the best.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
Stick with it, i started my GCSEs on sociology, but then after a week of taking it, i decided i didn't like it and switched to music, it was pretty much a shot in the dark as i didn't know anyone in the class that well, but i had a pretty good time, i was pretty bad back then compared to how i am now, so after about a year one of the teachers got me a guitar tutor who taught me every week for about a month or two, even though we didn't really get through a great deal of music theory, it was great, helped me to advance alot.

So stick with it, sometimes you gotta just run at things blindly and hope for the best.

You know, thats quite reassuring. Thank you for that
Quote by Lollage123
One of the reasons I started playing guitar because I chose music for my GCSE subjects. Me and my best friend started at the same time, and we both took music, becausewe wouldn't do it on our own. Now he's pulled out a literally the last minute telling me he couldn't be bothered and would probably find it boring. I'm still taking it because I'm not just going to "sell out" because he's not doing it, but I do feel a bit done by if you know what I mean. What do you guys think about this?

Also, anyone who's taken Music for GCSE, can please tell me whatkind of things/courses you do?

so you guys learnt playing guitar, cause you guys couldn't do it on your own?

edit: oh, I misread that, sorry
My Guitars:
Gibson LP Standard Iced-Tea
Fender Stratocaster
Cort Earth 100

Lefty!
Quote by guitar-guy01
well you'll probably meet some likeminded people in you class so it could be a blessing that you are not staying in your comfort zone of friends

hopefully this
GCSE Music classes are usually quite small anyway. There were only 6 people in mine including myself, and I didn't know any of them that well but it was fine. Plus by the time you need to do your performances on guitar when your exams come round you should have made some progress by then anyway