does anybody know what key purple haze is in? my guitar teacher told me to figure out the key for a simple song, and improvise a solo for it. any help is appreciated
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
E minor.

thank you. i thought that might be it because of the "hendrix chord"
Quote by jjennings216
i'd go gay for hendrix 128 he's fricken hillarious.

Quote by sadistic_monkey
To me, Jonas Brothers sound identical to Dragonforce. So I'm not sure what you've just proved.
Quote by hendrix_128
does anybody know what key purple haze is in? my guitar teacher told me to figure out the key for a simple song, and improvise a solo for it. any help is appreciated

well, asking here doesnt really do u any good. i mean granite i use to do this. and by this i dl the tab and looked through it and with my knowledge of theory try to figure the ,key out.

im pretty sure that ur teacher is asking you to figure it out by ear. and helping you train your ear is a good thing.

just my 2 cents

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by maximumrocker
well, asking here doesnt really do u any good.

just my 2 cents
'

Um. Yeah it did; I know the key.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
lame question IMO, you obviously have no idea how to learn things on your own.
Last edited by Tempoe at Jul 25, 2009,
Quote by Kevy Absolution
'

Um. Yeah it did; I know the key.

No, no, the point of your teacher doing this was for you to figure out the key on your own, instead of asking us.
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of hell will break loose... it'll be much harder to detect." - George Carlin
Holy ****. Nowhere does it say he had to do it himself. It just said figure out. He went online and looked it up. Question answered, thread dont; don't start some big stupid battle over learning vs. having others do it. What the kid does doesn't affect you in any way.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by maximumrocker
i mean granite i use to do this.

Anyway, question answered, thread closed.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.