hey ug
one of my uncles is offering to buy me an effects pedal from the states cos i took care of his kids for like 3 weeks (im 15 so i went nuts)
so i was thinking of gettin a delay pedal
he said hed get it for like 150$ no more

so which one should i get??
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
MXR Carbon Copy is really nice and in your price range.
My Gear

Schecter C-1 Plus (Seymour Duncan JB bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 neck)

Bugera 333XL 212 Combo

MXR Carbon Copy
MXR ZW-45 Overdrive
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
Quote by DA SQUAK

ditto
Suhr Custom, Flaxwood Rautia or Grosh Tele thru
HBE Medicine Bawl Wah
Analogman BiComp
Texas Two Step OD
Fulltone Ultimate Octave/Fuzz
Boss CE-2
TC Nova Delay
SLO-100, 65 London or Bogner Shiva
Ask me about any of this stuff!
can it be "bypassed", and analog or digital
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by handlerb
ditto

It's the best analogue delay out there. If you're able to add a little of your own money to get a digital delay (if you like that over the analogue - test both of em out together and A/B them to find the sound you like better) I'd recommend the Boss DD3. good pedal and decent sound and price
Quote by soloXshredder
can it be "bypassed", and analog or digital

Yeah both have true bypass and the Carbon Copy is analogue. I like digital delay myself but it's up to you
yeah, Carbon Copy or the Hardwire delay.
the hardwire is nice, because it's got several modes, true bypass, and has a built in looper.
the new nova repeater!
guitar: MIM fender strat
amp: fender blues jr.
pedals:EB wah, korg pitch black, boss bd-2, fd2m, line 6 dl4, boss dd5 w. fs5u. EB JR vp,
Quote by DA SQUAK

it sux ass. look at wamplers analog echo or anything else. DO NOT get the carbon copy
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
it sux ass. look at wamplers analog echo or anything else. DO NOT get the carbon copy

y does it suck ass?
every1 else says its good
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Quote by soloXshredder
y does it suck ass?
every1 else says its good

to make a long story short, got two of them from GC and one crapped out within a couple hours and the replacement started working off and on after 2 weeks and the GC dude said they have had issues with some of those pedals. Toward the end when I had it, I started to dislike the sound. Wamplers Analog Echo sounds ssoooooo much better for same price(I think). That is why I dont like them
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
MXR Carbon Copy ftw. My band are recording next week, and that pedal makes up most of my sound. That ought to give you a good idea of what it sounds like.
thnks guys
i think ill get the carbon copy
and Aidy, good luck with ur band
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Well I have the Boss DD-7 and am very happy with it. The modulation setting on it adds some chorus to the delay and if you put it on that setting but remove all the delay from it, you effectively have a chorus pedal aswell (albeit not an incredible one but alright) the looper on it is quite fun to play around with. However the analog setting on the pedal is pretty much what I use 99% of the time, I think it sounds really good.

Having said that I have never tried the MXR so maybe that is that best option for you if you want a straight up delay pedal, but if you fancy having a few extra toys to play with I'd suggest the DD-7.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
NO! The Carbon Copy really does suck. The repeats are very dark and muddy sounding, they run together like diarrhea, especially with the crappy modulation that can't even be adjusted. Please look in any other direction.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
ibanez ad-9, its analog and true bypass if im not mistaken. it doesnt have the long delay times like the C.C or DD-7
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
Not a Carbon Copy.

T.C. Electronic RPT-1, or wait for the EHX Memory Boy if you want analog.
Quote by CullenT
NO! The Carbon Copy really does suck. The repeats are very dark and muddy sounding, they run together like diarrhea, especially with the crappy modulation that can't even be adjusted. Please look in any other direction.

thank you for confirming what i already know. UG's bandwagon doesnt speak from experience but heresay
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
As an owner of the Carbon Copy, I'd highly recommend it. It's dark on the repeats, but they're great for adding ambiance to chords and you can even get really great rhythmic sounds out if it (I can get early U2 sounds, and even more modern tones out of it). And as for adjusting the modulation, you can; there's an internal trimpot which can be adjusted, but it involves taking the pedal apart to access the board which is a pain in the ass.

I'd hold off right now on delays because of the EHX memory boy; it too has modulation, but it also has an expression pedal out and apparently tap tempo, and shouldn't be more than $100 bucks, so it should be a worthy contender if it sounds really good.
BOSS DD-7 Trust me!
Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio EMG 81/85

Amp:
Roland Cube 30

Pedals:
Boss DD-7
Boss ML-2
Boss OS-2
Boss NS-2
Ibanez TS-9
Quote by nightraven
nah. the CC's a love/hate thing. i personally don't like how the repeats are EQ'd and i think the modulation is pretty bad, especially for the price you pay. for a mushy analogue delay i already know based on just a very little bad quality clip, that the memory toy will destroy it
i agree with what was said above. don't get the delay until we know more about the memory boy/toy and have tried it out.

I love dark delays; I hate them all clear and bright and digitally, so it's a huge personal preference sort of thing. I'm actually stoked for the Memory Boy, because if the delays are nice (not too dark, not too bright) and the tap tempo is accurate, then it may just be my next delay pedal.
I love my Carbon Copy so I'd recommend it.
Might get a DD-3 next month to go along with it.
Fender American Strat
-
Fender Tuner | Dunlop Wah | BD-2 | DS-2 | MXR Distortion III | Phase 90 | Small Clone | Carbon Copy
-
Blackstar HT-5 | Orange PPC 112
I'm also thinking of getting a DD-3, but I'd mainly use it for really long delays for volume swells, or 80+% wet for tremolo picked passages. TS, you honestly can't go wrong with a Carbon Copy or a DD-3, but I'd still wait to see how the Memory Boy (and Toy) are.