Am I better off modding a Squier Affinity Strat or buying a (cheap) neck and body?

I could probably buy the Affinity for around 100$ used, maybe even less. If I do buy it, I'll only keep the neck and body, everything else will be changed.

Or I could buy a neck and body from Guitarfetish, which would also cost around 100$.
If you know of a place that sells cheap guitar necks and bodies but that are somewhat superior in quality than guitarfetish or the affinity, please tell me...

I know that both of these options won't give me a high quality instrument, but that's not what I'm expecting. I just want to use it as learning experience; but I'd also rather have the best I can get for the money I pay...

So which of these two options give me the better quality? If you have another idea please tell me what it is!

Thanks
I'd say the Squier; I've heard bad things about pretty much everything apart from pickups from GFS.
mod the squier, their bodys and necks are solid, and you dont have to risk getting crappy gfs stuff...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Thw Squier will be the most "open" option. You will be able to do many things to it through tuning heads, pickups, pots, and such.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
While computers etc. are easy to mod, guitars are slighlty less easy. Changing pickups is one thing but to use your own neck, body, tuners, bridge etc. is a hard thing to do. Financially you're better off buying a decent guitar from a shop.

However. If you are looking for experience then please try building a guitar from scratch.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
While computers etc. are easy to mod, guitars are slighlty less easy. Changing pickups is one thing but to use your own neck, body, tuners, bridge etc. is a hard thing to do. Financially you're better off buying a decent guitar from a shop.

However. If you are looking for experience then please try building a guitar from scratch.
What the hell are you talking about? A kit is exactly what you said there. Do a quick search for Squire Rebuild. There are dozens of projects on here that are someone totally rebuilding and refinishing Squiers.

TS, I'd recommend buying an Affinity Squier, they're much better quality than the ones that are $35 cheaper and they're usually not swimming-pool routed, like the cheaper ones. They're also solid wood, iirc.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
they are solid wood brock, not cheap MDF or plywood.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
I knew that, but I couldn't remember if they were Alder or Poplar.

alder iirc, actually im positive there not poplar
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
They're Alder, just checked on the Fender site.

I want to try one of those GFS kits, but I don't have the cash to test one.

i might use the strat kit for my gilmour black strat, but idk, ive gotta see more reviews.

/threadjack
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
I was looking at doing that tele, just becaue it's the only kind i don't have.

that works too.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking