What do you guys think of kt66s? are they just better construction than 6l6s or do they sound any different?

Also are they the same size as 6l6s so i could swap them straight out.
I used to use KT66s in my amp (I use EL34s now but am going to switch back soon), they're big so theres a chance that they might not fit in your amp. Also, they draw more heater current than your standard 6L6 so depending on the amp, you might have PT issues. Other than that they are pretty much interchangable. The 6L6 is a little more scooped sounding than the KT66 and is a little stiffer sounding. The KT66 have a little bit softer texture, they sound rounder and break up differently, very thick and creamy sounding when pushed hard.
Quote by al112987
I used to use KT66s in my amp (I use EL34s now but am going to switch back soon), they're big so theres a chance that they might not fit in your amp. Also, they draw more heater current than your standard 6L6 so depending on the amp, you might have PT issues. Other than that they are pretty much interchangable. The 6L6 is a little more scooped sounding than the KT66 and is a little stiffer sounding. The KT66 have a little bit softer texture, they sound rounder and break up differently, very thick and creamy sounding when pushed hard.

Hmm well i wont be pushing them and i prefer more scooped because 6505 is very mid heavy voiced. My main hassle with the 6505 is i want it smoother and rounder.