I wanna know how your can master the guitars like Adam D, i was thinkin a two-way guitar cable to 2 different amps, in two different rooms, and with a micorphone to each of them? please tell if i'm correct!

I just want that "big" tone he always manages to get when he produces a Killswicth or other bands album.
try double or quad tracking, and panning.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i've done that, but sometimes, its particularly hard on some songs to get timing bang on on the second time. any other ways? gear? techniques? other than extensive EQ-ing
Quote by Rockawithamocha
i've done that, but sometimes, its particularly hard on some songs to get timing bang on on the second time. any other ways? gear? techniques? other than extensive EQ-ing

Not to be harsh, but if that's the issue, it's a timing and technique thing. Double tracking, and occasionally quad tracking is the way to do it. If you can't play the song in time twice, you either haven't practiced the song enough, or need to work on timing.
fair do'sm i'veo nly tried at home, and its only on a few songs that are dodgey. but its also tedious. but if thats what needed to do a good song, i'm up for it
Gibson Les Paul Classic '60s
Marshall DCL 2000
and a F**K load of pedals

"Bannanas in Pajamma's is a good way to advertise the use of condoms from a early age"
Are you playing to a click? If you're not then shame on you!
If you are and still struggling, you may need to practice playing to a click more

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
i don't use a click, i just plug head phones in, and listen to myself, i can keep in time well, its just tedious on the fast parts. when we do a proper recording, we always record drums, playing guitar into headphones before laying everything else down.
Marshall DCL 2000

"Bannanas in Pajamma's is a good way to advertise the use of condoms from a early age"
Quote by Rockawithamocha
i don't use a click, i just plug head phones in, and listen to myself, i can keep in time well, its just tedious on the fast parts. when we do a proper recording, we always record drums, playing guitar into headphones before laying everything else down.

Play to a click then - noone's timing is perfect, and noone can replicate exactly the same thing twice at the exact same times; using a click track gives your ears something to focus on and a beat to lock to.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
ok with the timing and all, but is pretty much quad tracking the way to go for it?
Marshall DCL 2000

Quad tracking, even more maybe, five tracks is what i do, sometimes even 7 or 8 tracks. If you are finding getting it tight enough hard, then you could cut a few bits so it fits better with any program that lets you do that. all you have to do is cut a tiny half second sometimes and it sounds perfect.
ok sweet, do you keep the EQ teh same? or use the same amps? i know Adam D uses a combination
Marshall DCL 2000

That's entirely up to you, and what sound you want to achieve. All that using a variety of amps does, is effect the dominant frequencies you can hear from the guitar tracks, thus altering the tone you're achieving overall.

I just double track with my amp to be honest, and the other guitarist double tracks his part on his amp and when my parts are panned one way and his the other it gives a complementary sound (in my opinion).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Always play to a click, or drums at least.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
okie doke, cheers (y)
Marshall DCL 2000

invest in a reamp
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by Rockawithamocha
ok sweet, do you keep the EQ teh same? or use the same amps? i know Adam D uses a combination

Yeah, i use Guitar Rig 3 so when i double track 5 times, i have on the left and right the same Bogner Uberschall amp sim, on the half way left and right, i have a Mesa Boogie amp sim and in the middle i have either another Bogner Uberschall amp sim or a Marshall. When i do more than 5 tracks, it does get a bit muddy, i have recently been using less, like 3 or 2 tracks instead of 5 or 7.
Quote by muckypup
Quad tracking, even more maybe, five tracks is what i do, sometimes even 7 or 8 tracks. If you are finding getting it tight enough hard, then you could cut a few bits so it fits better with any program that lets you do that. all you have to do is cut a tiny half second sometimes and it sounds perfect.

thats a bad idea, stupid idea sorry man, all you need is 4 maximum,
okay to get that adam D tone you have to have a mesa cab no arguing on that i have made impulses of my cab and i can nail some adam D tones haha. end of heartache was done with a framus cobra head and a mesa dual rec or a trip i can't remember proably a dual cause trips blows

you have to be very fricken tight at playing to so a click is mosdef
Read the latest Guitar Player mag interview with him.

-He puts one SM57 right on the center of the grill cloth on his Mesa Stiletto 4x12
-he puts a second SM57 6 inches back and slighty off axis.
-He Double tracks- 100L/100R
-He has a reamping rig.
My Setup
Epiphone SG
Ibanez RG2EX1

Line 6 Vetta
Peavey Vypyr 15 for teh lulz

Check my clips out

Click foar epic clipz
In addition to my last post, two other important things:

Rec settings

5150 settings, (my computer wont upload the pic )

Drive 5
Bass 10
Mid 4
Treble 6.5
Resonance 10
Presence 5

Maxon OD808 settings:

Gain 0
Level 5-7
Tone: Didn't specify

That combined with my last post, is literally EVERYTHING you need to know
My Setup