I thought this should go in riffs and recording, but reading the synopsis of the topics it didn't seem like it should, sorry if this is in the wrong place, ill move it if i have to.

Anyways, i have a macbook pro (great computer, i dont play games) I use it for designing guitars and album covers and other pictures. I have just started trying to record music on it with Logic 8, but whenever i start to record, the recording volume slowly decreases, until you can barely hear it. And if you play a riff, then stop, then play another riff it decreases until you stop then it's at full volume for the next riff, but then decreases again...

any help? did i accidentally turn some option on or off? it also does this with iMovie, Photobooth Video, and iChat. I've looked through system preferences and didn't see anything, but maybe i missed something.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by Andron17
You might have a filter or something on. Alos.

Heard of google? ***.

yes, i have and i looked. ill be the first to tell someone to google the answer, i looked

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
How are you recording?

I think this should go in R&R by the way

Logic 8

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
It's a soundcard issue. I have a 2009 Pro and the problem is that it's software-driven sound, not hardware. Unlike a desktop, notebooks have no built in pre-anp. I assume you're going from 1/4" to 1/8" to the Line-In port? If so, the signal is not sustained or strong enough to record full volume.

You need an audio interface or a preamp.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Quote by Kevy Absolution
It's a soundcard issue. I have a 2009 Pro and the problem is that it's software-driven sound, not hardware. Unlike a desktop, notebooks have no built in pre-anp. I assume you're going from 1/4" to 1/8" to the Line-In port? If so, the signal is not sustained or strong enough to record full volume.

You need an audio interface or a preamp.

it happens even when i just use the built in mic, it starts at full volume, but then decreases slowly like a fade out...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
that doesn't sound good, but try getting a proper recording interface anyway. It will almost definitely fix the problem as it sounds like a soundcard issue and that would bypass the soundcard, as well as sounding a hell of a lot better.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
that doesn't sound good, but try getting a proper recording interface anyway. It will almost definitely fix the problem as it sounds like a soundcard issue and that would bypass the soundcard, as well as sounding a hell of a lot better.

im sorry i really know nothing about recording other than little handheld recorders, what do you mean by recording interface? you mean something that doesn't record through the computer?

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
It's essentially a box that boosts signals. It plugs into your mac via USB cable. Then you plug either a 1/4" instrument cable or an XLR microphpone cable into it.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Do you have some kind of "automatically adjust volume" setting enabled somewhere?
Is automation on and the master track is going down? Maybe you put on a fade or something. I've used Logic, but not a lot.
There be no shelter here.
I know on Garageband there is a fade option, maybe you did something similar in logic?

edit: I just looked in Logic Express, there is the automation function where you can fade the volume. Its next to the auto-zoom button on the top toolbar.

If that isn't it, sounds like a hardware problem to me.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
Last edited by TDS at Jul 26, 2009,