So I've been watching craigslist for a bit looking for a deal on a used jcm 900. I want the cab for a smaller amp like the Blackstar ht-5 I've been researching. I finally scouped one up. I got a jcm 900 4100 6L6 with a 4x12 1960 cab.

The guy was asking for a grand and it looked imaculate in the pics. Checking it out in person I immediatley noticed it had a dirty pot on the lead volume dial that made the volume jump up to insane levels with just a touch so I got the guy to take $300 off his asking price. $700 for the head, cab, and he threw in a digitech multi effects pedal (I won't use but will sell) and some decent cables. The first thing I did was open the head up and cleaned all the pots with canned air from the back side of them. There is a small hole back there and I shot some radio shack contact lube and cleaner in. Finally spun the dials a few times and it performs like it's new now!

I can't describe how satisfied I am with it. I normally play in a pod for low volume and ease of use but I want to switch over to all tube. Hopefully I can get a blackstar ht-5 to compliment the jcm for lower volumes. I have a tubescreamer and am researching some effect pedals to go along later.

Last edited by mbob at Jul 25, 2009,
LUCKY! You got exactly what I want.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
sweet
Fender American Deluxe Strat, Epiphone Firebird Studio Worn Cherry, Adam Black S5ce

Dunlop Crybaby, Korg Pitchblack, Keeley BD-2, Proco Vintage Rat, MXR Script Phase 90, Danelectro Chorus, Marshall Echohead

Peavey Classic 30
Nice, congrats! I love the sound of a boosted JCM900. Happy NAD!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^no. He said 4100, which is the Dual Reverb. IMO, the best JCM 900
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Yup dual reverb 4100. He gave me a crappy foot switch but I picked up the authentic marshall jcm900 switch online for $30 shipped. I didn't need it but hey I didn't "need" the amp either.
Quote by CullenT
^no. He said 4100, which is the Dual Reverb. IMO, the best JCM 900

Funny thing is that most people think that the Dual Reverb is the worst JCM900, but I also love the way it sounds.
TS, how are you liking the cleans on it?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^Weird, I hate the SL-X's. The Dual Reverb is definitely my favorite.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
TS, how are you liking the cleans on it?

They sound good to me but I do not have much to compare to and am very much a noob. Only if $$ could buy me talent and experience
Yup, that was another craigslist deal I think I got the better side of also. Last year I bought a Peavy Windsor head and 4x12 for about $550 shipped to my door new. I wasn't happy with it, exspecially at lower volumes. Now when I say lower it's still quite loud. I'm talking about where I set the jcm (in between 2 and 3 = 9-10ish oclock) at but the windsor sounded like a fart. It was baffled. Maybe the cab was the problem. Anyways, I traded that to some guy on craigslist for the Gibson V and now it's used more than my other guitair.
Last edited by mbob at Jul 25, 2009,
Awesome stuff man. I hear what you say about the footswitch, the reverb button on mine doesn't work (used also) so I gotta get it changed. Glad to be hearing some love for the 900 though, makes a change from people bashing it because it isn't an 800!
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
good stuff, craigslist is an awsome place
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
WOW, now that's what I call a deal!

Enjoy your new friend.

Oh and sorry for the spam, but if you know please pm me for help. Anyway, how do I change my "title"? Mine is: "Typical White guy". I want to change this.

Thanks a lot.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Last edited by Butters8754 at Jul 26, 2009,

fkr. I'm so jealous haha HNSD!
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Butters8754
WOW, now that's what I call a deal!

Enjoy your new friend.

Thanks, and I've been telling my wife the same thing but she doesn't see it that way.
HNAP.

Hope it plays well.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣