Hello GB&C,

I am in the process of planning a build and most of the questions I've had I've been able to find answers for here, however there are a couple of things I could use some help with

1. Is there anywhere I could find a 7 string non tremolo piezo bridge? I looked on Schaller, LR Baggs and other companies and didn't really get any idea of what they actually offered

2. Is there anywhere I could find a template for a 7 string humbucker route? I downloaded metalwarrior40's template .zip file but couldn't find a 7 string hum route (for BareKnuckle pickups if that matters, I know some SD pickups are irregular in shape). This is a bigger priority for me being honest, I can live without a piezo, but really don't want shoddy routing

Another random question. Judging from the tonewood thread Walnut is a relatively middy wood, but combined with an ash top, a maple thru neck and an ebony fretboard would the mid range be overpronounced for a 7 string?

Thanks in advance for any help and advice

TL;DR, 7 string piezo bridge, 7 string humbucker routing template, and advice on wood choices

Cheers, Dopey
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Jul 25, 2009,
There are no production 7 sting piezo bridges that I know of.

Dont buy a Tonepros tom and take a saddle off, I made that mistake the f**king nut sheared

You could buy a hipshop 7 string hardtail and buy graphtech ghost saddles for it, would be a very easy mod.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
just a quick question, you realize a piezo pickup is not the same as a regular pickup right?

from what you said, it seems like you think its just like a regular one, it's a totally different kind of pickup.

for the bridge, i know i saw a 7 string TOM bridge and string stopper thing somewhere on ebay. it was well priced too if i remember right.

edit- http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/group.php?cid=42
about halfway down the page
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148
just a quick question, you realize a piezo pickup is not the same as a regular pickup right?

from what you said, it seems like you think its just like a regular one, it's a totally different kind of pickup.

for the bridge, i know i saw a 7 string TOM bridge and string stopper thing somewhere on ebay. it was well priced too if i remember right.

edit- http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/group.php?cid=42
about halfway down the page

I am aware they are different designs, I think I made a bit of a **** up in OP. Looking for a 7 string piezo bridge

Anybody got any leads on a 7 string humbucker route?

Thanks again
Quote by fleajr_1412

Last edited by Dopey_Trout at Jul 25, 2009,
Bump? Really need those routing templates =/
Quote by fleajr_1412

trace the humbbucker, and make the outline a little bigger. make your own template!
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by Dopey_Trout
Another random question. Judging from the tonewood thread Walnut is a relatively middy wood, but combined with an ash top, a maple thru neck and an ebony fretboard would the mid range be overpronounced for a 7 string?

Walnut: Bright upper midrange
Ash: Good lows and highs with a scooped midrange, especially Swamp Ash, which is lighter and would lower the weight of the guitar.
Maple: Bright and middy with a strong low end.
Ebony: Clear, middy.

If the pickups have a more scooped midrange, you'll be fine, just don't use a very bassy pickup or you'll get some major BOOM most likely.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Never thought of that

I don't actually have the hardware yet but that's a good plan

How much should I add around the outline? Was thinking about 1mm?
Quote by fleajr_1412

Last thing

The Graphtech Ghost saddles that have been recommended, do they come with a pre amp or would I be looking to buy one of them too? Something like the LR Baggs Ctrl-X? Or is that not necessary? Btw I would prefer one output jack and a 3 way switch for between piezo, mag and both

Sorry for double posting
Quote by fleajr_1412

im pretty sure with the ghost, you need the special ghost preamp. i may be wrong though
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Graph tech sell a preamp for their ghost saddles.

Everything you need to get for the saddles...

http://www.graphtech.com/products.html?ProductID=36&CurrencyID=2

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I would have looked on the Graphtech site earlier but apparently its affected with malware
Quote by fleajr_1412