I got this beast about a week ago and I just got some new tubes in it. (and my camera returned) Its a killer! It does the brootals as well as any other amp, in fact, it sounds much like a 6505 on channel 1 only "cleaned up" a bit. You can also squeeze a decent recto type sound from it or a JCM 800 tone. It doesn't quite have the grunt of an Uber, Framus or Diezel but more of its own voice. The surprise (or not) is its pushed tones. They are world class creamy decadent or coarse and barking like a Plexi with just a small tweaking. Even though I learned to play on a Strat, I was not a big fan of their tone for what I play. I always thought they were dead sounding and more of a niche guitar than even a 7 string. Dude! This amp makes even a low end Strat just light up! Its like all the Stevie Ray/ Trower/Blackmore kind of sounds you can ever want.
Attachments:
new gear 015.jpg
new gear 017.jpg
new gear 013.jpg
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
HNAD!!
how much did you buy it??
and post some clips of teh Br00tz so i could add it on my list
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I got for $900 w/ footswitch and cover but needing re-tubed. They go for $1400-$1600 new. I will post some clips whenever we get the recordings to do it justice.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Sweet. These things really interest me, but I've never seen one for sale
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Other than new ones on MF and the one I played in Vegas when it came out, its the only one I have seen for sale new or used. And I found it, of all places, on Guitar Center's National used gear listings and well within my budget. I saw it and was on the phone like right now,"send me it"!
According to James Brown (designer of the Double Cross), production was ceased and restarted on these recently. Something about the front facia/metal cover? Never did quite understand what he was talking about. I never got to hear one although I had it on order forever. The store finally cancelled my order and I gave up on it. I think I prefer my VH4 anyway.
I'm glad you got one and like it! I think very few of these exist in the wild.
The "cross" switch was the delay from what I have read. Its basically 4 switches that add or take away a tube in the pre amp. I just played for about 2 hours and I like it more and more.