I have a friend who is a beginner and wants to learn the Electric. Main use : Metal
his budget is around 400$, give and take a few. Which guitar would you recommend ? From my personal experience i did not like some low end LTD's i played (M10 and AX50) but i havent played either for a very long time.
Please dont suggest some exotic brands which aren't easily available in guitar stores. And Epiphones aren't available here so no Epiphones either.
Quote by Frosted Flakes
Ibanez RG321 or RG2EX1 $299
Peavey Vypyr 15w $99

this would be an amazing beginner guitar, good value as is, and its perfect for modding.

I 2nd the vyper as well
Quote by Frosted Flakes
Ibanez RG321 or RG2EX1 $299
Peavey Vypyr 15w $99

+1
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
If he goes used he'll find a guitar he'll keep the rest of his life. My first guitar was $300 used, it sold for $700 new in '97'. Still one of my best guitars. Had it 5 years now. Doubt if i'll ever get rid of it.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
If he likes metal it might be worth looking at some of the low end Jacksons is well but the Peavey Vypyr amps are really good idea, way better than the Line 6 Spider.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Tokai09
If he likes metal it might be worth looking at some of the low end Jacksons is well but the Peavey Vypyr amps are really good idea, way better than the Line 6 Spider.

+1 Upgrading from my dad's squier strat to the jackson js30rr was great for metal (back when i played metal) Still a great beginner guitar after 3 years.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)