i've found an ibanez RGA121 that i really like, but someone told me about the Schecter C1 Hellraiser. which one is a better guitar?? i also heard that the hellraiser isn't good clean.

i found the ibanez for around $650 can.
i have a marshall mg 100DFX with boss metalzone MT2 pedal.
i like classic rock solos but i want to get into faster metal music.
What guitar do you have now? I don't want to jump on the hate wagon, but if your current axe is decent, use the money for a new amp. And if you want to keep the MT-2, think about getting it modded by Keeley or Indyguitarist.
You could compromise and get a Schecter C-1+ I'm pretty sure you can pick them up for under $600. I have one and it's been able to play just about everything I've thrown at it. Although, I would like to upgrade the 'Duncan-designed' pups to some real Duncans.
RGA121...it's better quality. You should get a good amp first, but Prestige Ibanezes are very high quality and they're guitars that you can keep for the rest of your life. That guitar may be a lifelong investment, but the amp won't. And feeling is another thing. Having a good amp will improve your tone but having a good guitar will improve your playing. I say get the RGA while it's available. But you should get a new amp in the future to really experience why the RGA is great.
Quote by that_1_guy
what wrong with a my marshall?

It's alright as a beginner amp, but the MG series are a bit... maligned around here. They can be somewhat digital and souless. I'm not saying that you need to throw it out and kill it with fire, just go to a guitar store and try out a tube amp. If you're ready for new gear, you'll hear the difference.

I would really like to know what your current guitar is, because if it's like a $90 strat ripoff you'll need a new one to improve your playing, but while you're with a solid state MG you won't hear much of a difference in sound quality between guitars.
If it's a different sound you want, the amp has much more effect on that the guitar. If it's the feel of your current guitar you don't like, I would advise you to just visit a shop and play a bunch of guitars. Reading about a guitar really isn't enough. For example on paper I really like the Epi Les Paul, but after trying them out I was very unimpressed
Quote by Darksucker
I would really like to know what your current guitar is, because if it's like a $90 strat ripoff you'll need a new one to improve your playing, but while you're with a solid state MG you won't hear much of a difference in sound quality between guitars.

My current guitar is a yamaha pacifica 012. its a good quality guitar with a nice setup so it has lower action.
Quote by that_1_guy
My current guitar is a yamaha pacifica 012. its a good quality guitar with a nice setup so it has lower action.

Good, If it's a comfortable axe to play (and I hear that it is quite a cut above its price range), it might not need replacing quite yet. How long have you been playing? What was your budget for the new guitar?
Quote by that_1_guy
i've been playing for 4 years and my limit is $750

Wow. Okay, after 4 years you probably would like a new guitar. I guess the question is whether you want to play better or sound better. If you feel like your guitar is in any way "holding you back," or if you're pretty happy with your tone, I'd look into guitars in the $700-$800 range from brands like ESP/LTD, Jackson, Schecter, or Ibanez (I'm probably forgetting a couple) as they all make quality, good-sounding products for what you want to play. I really haven't had enough experience to go into specific models from every company, so you may have to find a music store and just try a bunch out.

If your guitar seems to play anything you want to play without any hitches(sharp frets, thick neck, awkward anything), go ahead and post in the Guitar Gear and Accessories forum and tell them you're in the market for a new amp. You can find some really good stuff amp-wise for that money.

But most of all, play what sounds and feels good to you. Good luck.
Personally, I think you should look into spending about $200-300 on a new amp. Maybe a Roland Cube, they're pretty good and IMO live up to the hype you always hear about. That leaves you with about $500 to get on a new guitar. Although, I would buy used!
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by stinger12345
Personally, I think you should look into spending about $200-300 on a new amp. Maybe a Roland Cube, they're pretty good and IMO live up to the hype you always hear about. That leaves you with about $500 to get on a new guitar. Although, I would buy used!

This is probably your best option, come to think about it.
bull**** hellraiser can't play clean. Try a schecter c1 blackjack atx?
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Quote by stinger12345

This, If you spend about $500 on a guitar (used price) but you buy used you can get a $900-$1000 (new price)
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?