Idk if this is the right place. Move it if need be, mods.

Would a floyd rose or a edge III be better for de/droptuning?

That's all. lol. Thanks.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Neither of them are good for changing tunings quickly, but a floyd rose is better for everything else.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
But all it takes is a little practice and patient and you can be good at changing tunings with a Floyd.

And he said which one is better, not which one do you think is good...

The Floyd.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
I have a Schecter C-1 with a Liscened Floyd Rose and once you get it in tune (gotta tune it 3-4 times) and lock it down it won't go out of tune for nothing. I have my guitar in Drop A right now and when I dive and return I'm still in crisp perfect tune.

However, in trems of being fast, tremelo systems aren't fast for tuning to any tuning (including standard). If you want to be able to tune quickly, look into a fixed bridge.
--Quote of the Day--

Quote by dfinch10

this guitar+ emgs=sex (sex for around 600 bucks mind you)

Gear:
Schecter C-1 FR
Peavey Vyper 30w
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Quote by biga29
But all it takes is a little practice and patient and you can be good at changing tunings with a Floyd.

And he said which one is better, not which one do you think is good...

The Floyd.

I just warned him... If I would have told "the floyd is better", he wouldn't have known that it was still going to be hard.. at first.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
I know it's hard to tune a trem regardless. I was just curious as to which would hold a drop tuning better. So it would be the floyd. Just curious. I know trems are hard to tune guys, i'm not totally dumb lol. Thanks for the help =)
Quote by Ghold125
What kind of Floyd are we talking about?

Just a floyd in general. Let's say the floyd on the schecter v fr or the edge 3 on the ibanez rg5ex1.
Quote by alexpalka23
Just a floyd in general. Let's say the floyd on the schecter v fr or the edge 3 on the ibanez rg5ex1.

Floyd in general? You can go from LFR's to OFR's or Gotoh's LFR's, and that isn't very precise, however an Edge III will be an Edge II...since is not a brand

EDIT:

Quote by Jack_Sibelius

Quote by Ekofu

This.

+10
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Last edited by RiksRiks at Jul 25, 2009,
any kind of floating trem is terrible for changing tunings on stage, so if you're planning on changing tunings between songs, stay as far the **** away from a floating trem as you can.
With a proper setup any floating trem that would be good in standard would be good in drop tunings. I personally think the OFR is the best but others will disagree. It would require backing the spring tension off or possibly removing a spring.
Quote by alexpalka23

So what floyd rose is that? The 1000? And like said if you are changing tunings alot stay away from the any floating bridge.