Swearwords utmost! I trusted a local artist to customise a les paul of mine, and instead of covering over the pickups, without consulting me he snipped the wire at the pickup and simply pulled them out thinking I could 'wire new ones in, it can't be that hard'. He has no clue about guitars and I currently feel like smashing the beast over his head and skull funking him! So....I'm sat here with a les paul with two snipped out humbuckers, right at the coil almost and I wanna cry but I know you guys can help! Is it possible just to rewire/solder them back in...what's the score? I'm devastated!
it is no big deal.
where is it removed?
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
Go make the guy pay for corrections. Sue the idiot if you have to. He should be paying for the repairs.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
He left a cm maximum, can I just solderjoint a fresh wire on and connect it up?
Quote by fender4482
Go make the guy pay for corrections. Sue the idiot if you have to. He should be paying for the repairs.

This. Although threaten the lawsuit first. Was it a Gibby, or a knockoff?

Also, Invader Jim has a tutorial on converting a two-wire pickup to a four-wire, you could use it to help you fix it.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I'd go buy the wangcaster and shove it up his ass until it comes out his dick hole
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Haha he has no money hense the 'artist' claimant, don't worry I shallnt be recommending, alright ill scout around jims posts, cheers guys
Did you pay him for the work? If so, sue him for that. He promised false results and in the process caused irreparable damage to an instrument that held both real and sentimental value.

Lol, @ brock and his lawyer talk. But seriously, just threaten a law suit, and he'll probly do whatever he can (replace pups and such) to get out of it, kuz like you said he doesn't have the money, so he knows he vcant avoid a lawyer
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
With just a little stub of wire hanging out not much to work with resoldering things together. Can be done just not very easy. Might be a good time to use jims 4 wire tutorial makes em more versatile and solves the wire problem. Yea its a pain in the butt and uses up your time etc. But going after starving "artist" with a lawyer will just waste your money and more time. I can almost hear him now "aahh dude chill out it aint a big thing man here have a swat". Guy like that will always be starving and stoned, chalk it up as a learning experience.
I say just threaten him with the suit, don't actually file. Threaten it, then say you're going to file unless he reimburses you somehow. Remind him that it's not a personal grudge, it's just business.

make him replace your pickups(say you had better ones that you actually had) or lawsuit
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
say that you had original 59 gibson pickups. just kidding that would suck for him.
so he left a cm of wire right? then just freaking solder everything back together. thats more than enough wire to get a decent solder joint on there. it shouldnt be hard to wire it back up. he did not damage the pickups or anything, there really doesnt seem to be any reason for a lawsuit. if he had broken the winding or something and refused to replace the pickups, then maybe. but from what im getting you could just wire the things back up and not have it be an issue.