I was debating with my drummer as to whether or not a song is more passionate when it is played acoustic or electric. In your opinion, when would you say it is played/sung with more heart?
Main Rig:
1988 Ibanez Jem7RB
Marshall MG100HDFX
Morley Bad Horsie
Ibanez Tube Screamer
Quote by xtremedrummer49
I was debating with my drummer as to whether or not a song is more passionate when it is played acoustic or electric. In your opinion, when would you say it is played/sung with more heart?

username says you're a drummer.
title says you're a guitar enthusiast.

conflict!
Free at last! Free at last! God Almighty FREE AT LAST!
I Pan-Tallica
i think its more passionate with fabio in the music video.
and a looped accoustic track,lots of chrus.
and a nice pentatonic solo,
chocked full of pinch harmonics and delay.
and a fwe legato licks.
thats just me.
and the drums
HAVE to sound digital.
Quote by deadringer13
xjosheex, you have made a simple answer to it all haha

Quote by Pr0gNut
I hope he gets a blood disease and dies alone and screaming.

I mean that in the nicest way possible of course.
I like the sound of a clean electric guitar alone...but nothing beats an acoustic with a fresh set of strings.

So yeah, I like both.

semi hollows, i love em,

but this is stupid
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
It completely depends.....this question is a steamy load of fail.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by sketchy z

semi hollows, i love em,

but this is stupid

Oh, how I crave the ability to atually get off my ass and put a new bone nut on my Dot Studio, restring my Sheraton & get out my ES335!

I love them too
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
depends on the song, john mayer's neon makes it seem that the acoustic is more passionate for example
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by xaviergray
Everything about everything is subjective.

you are wrong:
AIDS is ALWAYS bad.
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by McTodd
you are wrong:
AIDS is ALWAYS bad.

Unless its good.

Then its good.

Cwutididthar.
Yeah.
Totally depends on the player.

Tears in Heaven will be passionate and emotional no matter how Clapton plays it. However some cover player can just play the right notes and in rhythm/time but it won't have the magic of passion.

If you're passionate about something making you mad (gov't?) then you'll probably find distorted guitar and bass or really fast drums the best tool. If you're passionate about making the listener feel like he is in a field running, a violin, a nylon string guitar, or an acoustic might be a better medium. If you're wanting to make a funny 'i'm going on a walk story' pop to the users head play some bass or take the mic.

All in the player and his ability to use his skills, while some instruments are better for certain items than most. Any situation I listed about could be played on a clean electric if articulated right.
Quote by xtremedrummer49
What do you find more passionate, acoustic or electric?
Acoustic has more of an intimate feel when playing it. You're more directly connected to the instrument during the process of playing. The richness of harmonic content is shaped by the guitar's body and there is a "three dimensional" relationship between the vibration of the guitar against you, and the interplay of the natural sound reflecting off the surrounding wall.

Any change in the tone of the instrument is a result of how you interact with the strings and even the body itself.

Electrics have a much wider range of tonal possibilities. But the sound comes from a speaker or array of speakers. The "tone" is a combination of the playing techniques and the settings on the gear.

Passion? Kind of a silly question. You can use any instrument to express emotion. How well YOU are able to master it and use what's available to express yourself determines how much passion you convey.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.