Page 1 of 5
So im a guitarist/drummer playing for 10 years and find all the drummer jokes funny..but not coming from guitarists.

A large percentage of guitarists cant read music and many cant even count the beats in the bar. A lot focus on sweeps when they dont know what scales are in a key or even what notes are in a chord.

What do you think?
Oh god yes
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.
Regarding music, I think that people should be as educated as they want to be, drummer or instrumentalist alike.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Completely agree. Honestly I think it's more to do with guitarists playing the smallest instrument in the band.
no not all drummers are worse musicians than guitarists. that's just a joke. a really funny joke.
PAH!
You don't need to know what scales are in a key or what notes are in a chord to be a great musician/guitarist.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
you have to be pretty good at rythm and timing as an advanced drummer but not as an advanced guitarist

its hard to discribe
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Most Drummers can't read music either. Seeing how I have taken a music course in College, I can.

While I was there, I was the best drummer, and I don't even HAVE a kit. The poor talent there was appalling. The drummer I played Girls, Girls, Girls with stopped after the intro.
Quote by bananahammock
How many mods does it take ban half of the pit?
one, Carmel.

▼▼▼▼▼▼
▼▼ ▲ ▲▼▼
▼▼▼▼
▲ ▲▲ ▲
Last edited by benjy118 at Jul 25, 2009,
John Bonham > Nick Jonas
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Quote by cocacolabottle
You don't need to know what scales are in a key or what notes are in a chord to be a great musician/guitarist.

excuses, excuses. try to get a job gigging out in your city like that and we'll see what happens.
#DTWD
i think guitarists are so far up their own arse they have forgotten what a treble clef looks like.

Drummers are generally better musicians in a theory sense i think on a day to day level. But a Superb guitarist would usually be more musically gifted than a superb drummer!.

Your point is 100% valid!
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
I am a classical guitarist and I have a GCSE (Not that that counts for much )

My drummer on the other hand can barely keep time
Quote by FlyingVeigh
A large percentage of guitarists cant read music and many cant even count the beats in the bar. A lot focus on sweeps when they dont know what scales are in a key or even what notes are in a chord.

What do you think?
Agree. My uncle, for example, has been playing for 30 years and doesn't know any scale, how to improvise, how to read the music, how to build chords, etc. He just strums simple chords and plays a couple of slow solos and riffs.
Quote by Stormx
Completely agree. Honestly I think it's more to do with guitarists playing the smallest instrument in the band.

Quote by darkstar2466
Regarding music, I think that people should be as educated as they want to be, drummer or instrumentalist alike.

Ah icwutudidthar
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

PM me and let me know.
It takes no musical skill to be a drummer, so yes, drummers are worse than guitarists.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by brandon369852
It takes no musical skill to be a drummer, so yes, drummers are worse than guitarists.

... you have to be joking.
#DTWD
all my drummer friends seem to be very, not necessarily good guitarist, but have very polished styles.

i think its because their first instrument was a rhythmic they know how important being on time and being clean is

while a lot of guitarists i know! think they're amazing because they can play at a million bpm etc but when it comes to jamming they have the timing of a shoe
alright in all seriousness. it depends on the person. its not black and white.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

PM me and let me know.
Quote by primusfan
... you have to be joking.

I'm a drummer. So yes.
Follow me on Twitter
Wait wait wait aren't drummers considered PERCUSSIONISTS rather than musicians
Quote by 7stringusr
+99999999999999999999999999999999

Guitars

Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos
"Jackson Warrior" (still needs funding)

Amplol

Crate GT65

Pedals

Vox Satchurator
Cry Baby
Phraser

My Last.fm

Fallout 3 Data
Quote by Into The Unknow
Wait wait wait aren't drummers considered PERCUSSIONISTS rather than musicians

Drummers play percussion instruments, so they're percussionists
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Toast1337
you have to be pretty good at rythm and timing as an advanced drummer but not as an advanced guitarist

its hard to discribe

That is absolutely completely false.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
you know what?

pie
Quote by supralightning
send your gf over to my place and ill give her a birthday present

Gear:
Fender Squier
SP-10 (i almost don't use it)
Boss DS-1
Boss RC-2 (very useful)
Boss GT-10 (hell yeah)
Good Headphones
Gameboy color

Lastfm
i once went to audition for a band and they "show us what you got" so i asked the drummer if he would play a 4/4 drum beat and he said "what's that??"

=[
TS, I think you have a valid point.

I, personally, think that timing and rhythm is the most important skill any musician can have.

You can know a minimal amount of music theory but have great timing and still groove.

But if you are a master of theory and have horrible timing, the groove will always elude you.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
Quote by lexanirider78
Oh god yes

You don't play the drums, do you?

I'm learning the drums. They're HARD buddy. They require a ridiculous amount of coordination and focus, as well as a solid sense of rhythm and timing. Drummers are just as much musicians as anyone else.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
No, it depends from person to person. The drummer in my band can rarely play time-signatures other than 4/4. Meh.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I suck at drums.

A lot.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by darkstar2466

I completely agree Jimi Hendrix didn't know how to read music but he knew more about music then, dare I say any, of us will ever know
Page 1 of 5