So, my guitar (epi LP) is strung with Super Slinky's, starting with .009, followed by .011, etc. My last .009 broke (God those break too fast) so I grabbed an extra .011 and put it in place, until I get a new few packs of strings. Is this safe, or will my guitar's action be messed up/neck warped? I basically have two .011's on there; High E, and the B right below it.
Considering that you've got a fixed bridge, it won't make a huge difference. It may cause the neck (or the truss rod, really) to slightly curve in, but since it's just one string, it won't make a huge difference.
Maybe if you get a little used to that, you could try putting on a set of .10s (regular slinky.) I made the switch a couple years ago from super slinky. It takes a bit of getting used to, but it really strengthens your fretting hand, gives you better callouses, and makes a better tone.
its fine, people use 12s and 13s as their high e's, your low e is like a 42 so it wont be bad at all, my low e's a 56 and my geetars fine
I once used a g string to replace my high e during a gig, it lasted a few months, and my guitar is fine. But damn did it hurt to bend it.
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
how in the world do you stand using .009's on an LP?

I use nothing lower than .011's on mine.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
how in the world do you stand using .009's on an LP?

I use nothing lower than .011's on mine.

man, ife feel like a pussy using 11s or even 12s. I personally like barbed wire.
Quote by nithin909
man, ife feel like a pussy using 11s or even 12s. I personally like barbed wire.

I never really bothered changing the action when I first got it, to restring it. I'm rather partial to it, actually, and never really felt a particular issue with it. But, the High E .011 is nice. Just wanted to know if not having a full set (And not changing action for the one string) would be bad.
man, ife feel like a pussy using 11s or even 12s. I personally like barbed wire
Now that is metal...
Epi Elitist LP Plus
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC30 CC2

"A person is a success if they get up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do."
I'm using 11-50 on my guitar in standard right now. Plan on tuning down a half step, but it is good for finger strength. You should be fine.
Quote by nithin909

You ARE a pussy for using that barbed ****, it's too easy to get around the barbs. I use razor wire on occasion when playing with my death metal project.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores