i think the very first note of the verse riff was timed badly, but other than that it's all timed pretty perfectly. not every note on the left channel was supposed to match up with every note on the right channel. that's what gives it the "twinkly" effect.
Last edited by keganonthedunes at Jul 25, 2009,
i think this song is excellent.
iv been listening to soooo much minus the bear lately, and more recently "this town needs guns" and youve nailed the tone and style perfectly.

got any ideas for vocals? this song could do with some. would make this amazing song all that much better.
does it have bass in there? i cant here any, but i think it would make it sooo much better.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww omg.
slower bit just came in, chorus i presume. its amazing. i love this.

if you lived in aus, i would seriously move to your town in hopes of starting a band with you. this is the exact style that i want to play.

nice work. let me know when you put up more.
The guitars just don't sound together and then it makes the drums sound off a little too.
There be no shelter here.
awesome man, definatly nailed what you were looking for. you should continue with this.

you really should add a bass line, and maybe even rythem guitar.

i love it man

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1165370
C4C?
Quote by Crimzin3
The Myth: Mesa amps were given to us by God, and sound as such.
The Truth: True. God is the CEO and Jesus does QC at Mesa...yup.

Last edited by Explicit User at Jul 26, 2009,
Quote by HethaHORRIFIC
i think this song is excellent.
iv been listening to soooo much minus the bear lately, and more recently "this town needs guns" and youve nailed the tone and style perfectly.

got any ideas for vocals? this song could do with some. would make this amazing song all that much better.
does it have bass in there? i cant here any, but i think it would make it sooo much better.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww omg.
slower bit just came in, chorus i presume. its amazing. i love this.

if you lived in aus, i would seriously move to your town in hopes of starting a band with you. this is the exact style that i want to play.

nice work. let me know when you put up more.

thanks! i haven't actually thought about adding vocals to it. i'm not a good singer and i don't know anybody around here that sings well. no one would want to do it anyway, i'm from a place where screaming vocals is what's in. it doesn't have bass, because i don't own one. my brother does though, and i thought about "borrowing" it when he's not around and recording a bass track. and unfortunately, i don't live in australia, or else i totally would jam with you, because no one around here wants to jam unless we're playing generic scene hardcore or something.
thanks for the good comments! and courtkid, if you listen you'll find that some of the notes match up perfectly on both the left and right speaker, but not all of them, and that's how its supposed to be. it's timed pretty right, you just have to listen well
im not really familiar with this kind of music at all but i liked what i heard. the timing seemed fine to be on the whole and the only thing i can really say i might change was that maybe i wouldnt have repeated the bit at the end as many times. it still worked nicely since you broke down the drums as it ended. overall though good job, i really wouldnt change anything (aside from maybe adding a bass or something like that. i just put up a song in my profile if you want to give it a listen, its still nameless.
this is pretty sick!!! the tone came out amazing, and it's all tapping too! that's pretty awesome. a bass line would definitely make this song epic.
hate math...love math rock.
Quote by georizzo
this is pretty sick!!! the tone came out amazing, and it's all tapping too! that's pretty awesome. a bass line would definitely make this song epic.

thanks!
@jmako, i kind of thought it might have been too much too, that's why i switched the drum beat the last four times it was played. thanks
This song is sick. The drums are so dancy like minus the bear.

My only critique is try to use a different dynamic. That is one thing I don't like about this town needs guns, a lot of the time it is the same feel of the song. The vibe from that style is sweet, but if you write more like this for a band, be sure to include a variety of sounds.
thanks thec0dy and code! i just got done writing another song of this style so hopefully i can get drums done and record the guitar and have another song tomorrow or the next day.